BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

1.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

it went by pretty fast, i was interviewed by sammy. He was very weird. I felt like he was putting me down in some way. Just be friendly and smile a lot, do not be too serious. you want to give off friendly vibes, do not have a complete serious face, he wants people who seem welcoming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I walked in and received an on the spot interview who then recommended me to the general manager. I came in for a second interview and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Vienna, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was no real interview. I was asked my availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be then hired on the spot. They were hiring all candidates on the spot without an interview because they were short staffed. Only recently have they started a 2 interview process of hiring. Once I was hired, I understood why. That place is a wreck.

Interview Questions

• My availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Oviedo, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and found the job through www.snagajob.com. Once I submitted my application online, I called and asked when was a good time to come in. They told me between 2-4pm, so I went in with my resume and the manager set up a day for me to come in the next week. When I went in, he asked me general customer service/food questions and offered me a job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any food experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and they called me 3 hours later for an interview on Saturday. I went to the interview Saturday and a man that looked like he was a cook interview me.My next interview was with the GM on Monday. The GM asked me questions and he told me I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is reliability to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. 1st interview was just a meet and learn who I was. The 2nd was supposed to be with the general manager, but she had another meeting scheduled, so I met with a different manager. The job was simple, therefore the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Are you available nights, weekends, and holidays.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2015.

Interview

Less then 10 minutes. You go in for your first interview and if they like you, you will go for your second interview. They really want to see your personality so don't over do it but also you can't be shy or timid. The first manager was funny while the second manager was very serious.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the very same day. Met for the interview 2 days later. The interview took 10 minutes, easiest interview of my life! Got offered the job on the spot. Paid 2 hour orientation will take place in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him my availability and there was no problems with it at all.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview for two days later. I was interviewed by an assistant manager who was very nonchalant and relaxed, he asked about the hours I would be able to work and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about five minutes and then he set me up for a second interview for the following day. In the second interview I was interviewed by the manager who was very nice and also relaxed. The interview also lasted about five minutes and he just asked questions about my personality. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the following day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with a rude person, and what was the end result.   1 Answer
    • If a coworker isn't performing their job as their supposed too, what do you think should be done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

They had a hireing center, All mangers were there even some from out of state. Interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and most got offers that day and did there 2nd interview same day as well. Easy questions, kinda fun. Management was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• how long do you see yourself working with us?   1 Answer