BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

1.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

Simple process. Applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. Brought in for initial interview with assistant manager and then brought back for a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

it went by pretty fast, i was interviewed by sammy. He was very weird. I felt like he was putting me down in some way. Just be friendly and smile a lot, do not be too serious. you want to give off friendly vibes, do not have a complete serious face, he wants people who seem welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

went in for 2 short interviews, each with someone different. i applied when they first opened so it was pretty quick and to the point and easy and i got it

Interview Questions

• how did you react in a situation that involved someone you didn't work well with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I walked in and received an on the spot interview who then recommended me to the general manager. I came in for a second interview and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Vienna, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was no real interview. I was asked my availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be then hired on the spot. They were hiring all candidates on the spot without an interview because they were short staffed. Only recently have they started a 2 interview process of hiring. Once I was hired, I understood why. That place is a wreck.

Interview Questions

• My availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Oviedo, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and found the job through www.snagajob.com. Once I submitted my application online, I called and asked when was a good time to come in. They told me between 2-4pm, so I went in with my resume and the manager set up a day for me to come in the next week. When I went in, he asked me general customer service/food questions and offered me a job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any food experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and they called me 3 hours later for an interview on Saturday. I went to the interview Saturday and a man that looked like he was a cook interview me.My next interview was with the GM on Monday. The GM asked me questions and he told me I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is reliability to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. 1st interview was just a meet and learn who I was. The 2nd was supposed to be with the general manager, but she had another meeting scheduled, so I met with a different manager. The job was simple, therefore the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Are you available nights, weekends, and holidays.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2015.

Interview

Less then 10 minutes. You go in for your first interview and if they like you, you will go for your second interview. They really want to see your personality so don't over do it but also you can't be shy or timid. The first manager was funny while the second manager was very serious.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the very same day. Met for the interview 2 days later. The interview took 10 minutes, easiest interview of my life! Got offered the job on the spot. Paid 2 hour orientation will take place in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him my availability and there was no problems with it at all.