BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I walked in and received an on the spot interview who then recommended me to the general manager. I came in for a second interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and they called me 3 hours later for an interview on Saturday. I went to the interview Saturday and a man that looked like he was a cook interview me.My next interview was with the GM on Monday. The GM asked me questions and he told me I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is reliability to you?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2015.

Interview

Less then 10 minutes. You go in for your first interview and if they like you, you will go for your second interview. They really want to see your personality so don't over do it but also you can't be shy or timid. The first manager was funny while the second manager was very serious.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the very same day. Met for the interview 2 days later. The interview took 10 minutes, easiest interview of my life! Got offered the job on the spot. Paid 2 hour orientation will take place in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him my availability and there was no problems with it at all.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview for two days later. I was interviewed by an assistant manager who was very nonchalant and relaxed, he asked about the hours I would be able to work and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about five minutes and then he set me up for a second interview for the following day. In the second interview I was interviewed by the manager who was very nice and also relaxed. The interview also lasted about five minutes and he just asked questions about my personality. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the following day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with a rude person, and what was the end result.   1 Answer
    • If a coworker isn't performing their job as their supposed too, what do you think should be done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

They had a hireing center, All mangers were there even some from out of state. Interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and most got offers that day and did there 2nd interview same day as well. Easy questions, kinda fun. Management was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• how long do you see yourself working with us?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was relatively quick and painless. Just a few questions. It was more about meeting and feeling your presence and if it is friendly enough to match the restaurant's desired brand image. And showing up on time is crucial!

Interview Questions

• Not many tricky questions as I remember. It is very straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was 3 days long in one week. Each interview was about 15 minutes long. It was clear that if you advance to the next interview, the manager liked you. And you weren't hire on the spot after the third interview. You had to wait to call you the next day to see if they wanted you.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult costumer and how did you make them happy.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I got a call back for an interview a few days later. Got there and I had to wait 20 minutes until the manager (was a completely different one from the one I spoke to on the phone) finally came over and brought me to a booth. Its not like they were that busy and they had plenty of people working, so I don't know what the holdup was. The interview lasted less than five minutes and I could barely understand what he was saying. He said that if they're going to hire me they'll call me the next day and if they don't then I didn't get the job. Never got called back, the least they could do though was just tell me right there that they weren't going to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Denton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.