BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.3

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied and got called the next day to come in for an interview. The manager was about 20 mins late for the interview, and it appeared that one of the SA's walked out. Tables everywhere weren't clear and the employees seemed like they did not want to be there. The GM was bussing all the tables., And a server walked up to me and told me the workers there were lazy. It was honestly pretty pathetic to see and spoke volumes about how the restaurant was managed. The interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He just asked about my experience, availability, and he also showed me the kitchen. I was scheduled to come in for a second interview but later declined due to receiving a better job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview starting on Monday. It was a three interview process with 3 different managers. After the first I was scheduled the next day, after that I was scheduled Friday for the final interview with the restaurant manager. Finished and she said that to expect a phone call by Monday for a position.

Team Member Talent Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview. When I talked to the hiring manager, she appeared to be somewhat distracted by other things. She may have been driving. I just didn't get the sense that I had her full attention from the start. The questions were standard surface-level questions. I was a bit surprised by how simple they were given the nature of the position they were looking to fill. They mentioned that no has been in that position for quite sometime...so, they were still trying to work out how that role would fit in and support the organization. I didn't get a whole lot of clarity on any of the job responsibilities and expectations beyond what is written in the job description. Her answers were either vague or she said the person in the role will determine what that looks like. It was a red flag to me that the role wasn't clearly defined. Do you really need the position if it hasn't been filled in a while and you're not clear on what value that role can bring to the team?

Interview Questions

• How would you get the restaurants to be consistent and compliant with training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview at different location was a two step interview first was with kitchen manager and called back for interview with general manger Both went well though the interview with the general manager seemed more casual it did seem like I would have gotten the job but I guess someone else was a better candidate as I never worked in a kitchen

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restaurant kitchen and have you ever done dishwashing at a restaurant   2 Answers

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Called in for interview. Member of mgmt came out from kitchen and sat me down at table and we talked for literally 3-5 minutes. She asked me what hours I was available and asked if I understood the kitchen was a hot, busy place.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Anaheim, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, and both required waiting a long time before meeting with the interviewers. The first interview was very straightforward, and they seemed to have a genuine interest. The second interview consisted of the interviewer telling me they weren't hiring for seasonal positions. Not sure why they didn't just tell me that over the phone, rather than wasting my time.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was on my laptop on line through their website after I submitted my resume. It was easy, kind of subjective and repetitive, but as long as you answered it honestly if feel as if it would weed out the type of employees they would not want to hire. I have managed in my past and I know what they are looking for. It is an initial weeding out process. It took quite a while, but it is a good way to summarize the style and type of person that is applying for the selected position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line reviewed phone call from the GM a week later, interview next day. Three separate 20 minute interviews, the final was with the GM before I was told they weren't going to offer me a position (even though I have over 5+ years resturant experience and all customer service related jobs).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Set up an interview. The interview was fairly laid back and if they like you, you will be invited back for a second interview. Otherwise, they will tell you right then and there that they cannot offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you got triple sat.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit for this position   1 Answer
    • Pick your favorite drink and sell it to me.   1 Answer