BJ's Restaurants Host/Takeout Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Host/Takeout Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Had 2 interviews on 2 separate days. One was with a manager and the other was with the General manager. After arriving, the wait for the interview can be long. I came during a slow time, so they were able to see me within a few minutes. I have heard that some wait for almost an hour for a manager to see them. The interview for me only took about 30 minutes because I was referred by a current employee at the time and was very casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hurst, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took about 6 days to get a call back for an interview. Had 2 interviews and applied for Hostess and takeout.
    I got rescheduled from original appointment time and when i got there, I had to wait 20 minutes. The 1st interview was a hiring manager that lasted less than 10 minutes and she basically assured me that I had a job for being a hostess. This manager asked me to come the next day for a interview with the GM. Came back the next day and the GM was very rude. He even left the table to speak with other employees 3 TIMES. He would forget what we were speaking about and then informed that they hired a lot of hostess and maybe I should consider another position inside the restaurant. He basically devalued me and said I was possibly going to be best for a busser or a prep cook. Even with my previous job experience. I declined his offer for being any of those positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host? Why do you want to work at BJ's? Whats the best value can add you into this company? Can you work Sundays? Can you tell me something about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. I walked in to establishment where I wanted to work. I asked for the manager and then he asked me to fill out a form since I came in when they were looking for positions. I f they have time they set up a interview with you on the spot and ask you to get some stuff together in the meantime. At the interview, if the manager likes you, you will be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

Apply online, take tests and follow up with a phone call ( Mon-Thurs 2-4pm)

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

The interview process was really quick. I applied on Friday night, got called Monday afternoon, had an interview for Tuesday morning with the Take-out manager, then they asked me to come back to meet two other managers, and I got offered the job right on the spot. The only annoying thing is that when you are hired, they tell you that you are coming for an orientation but really it's filling out a lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with people coming at you from all sides with requests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation - they gave me the salary I was asking for.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It's more of a conversation than anything. It was very casual and thats how they get a feel for you. Remember to always smile and have an outgoing personality. I was interviewed by 3 different managers and they basically asked me the same questions. Do not be discouraged, go in there with confidence and you will come out with a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Short 1 on 1 interviews with questions to gauge the person. You needed to go through the different managers that would be working at the store. From the Host manager, kitchen manager, server manager, bar manager and GM. Would only take 3 interviews with any of the different managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your favorite dish from a restaurant you like to frequent.   Answer Question