BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long, detailed, good energy. The questions that they asked really allowed me to provide my entire skill set and past experience. They were very open to answering the questions that I had.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

it went by pretty fast, i was interviewed by sammy. He was very weird. I felt like he was putting me down in some way. Just be friendly and smile a lot, do not be too serious. you want to give off friendly vibes, do not have a complete serious face, he wants people who seem welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Once hired, the individual must complete 5 days of computer work (to learn BJ's etiquette, menu, etc.) and works on 5 shadow shifts. By the last day you are expected to be working on your own and to be hired you are evaluated by managers who you serve a meal.

Interview Questions

• Can you please describe your favorite item from the last restaurant you worked at   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BJs and why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food from here and how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your restaurant experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Apply online, math test and personality test. Then I called and asked for an interview. Came in for an interview and had to wait awhile, however the manager was very friendly and welcoming. He asked me about my serving and customer service experience. He liked that I had a lot of beer knowledge from my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with different managers. They were all very accommodating for my schedule as a high school senior. They all were professional and asked some of the same questions and some different ones to get to know the kind of person I am. They were clear about their expectations of the position I applied for. They were also speedy with their communication with me throughout the interview process

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It's more of a conversation than anything. It was very casual and thats how they get a feel for you. Remember to always smile and have an outgoing personality. I was interviewed by 3 different managers and they basically asked me the same questions. Do not be discouraged, go in there with confidence and you will come out with a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online and was quickly called in for an interview. I first interviewed with Kevin and he was awesome. We just hit it off and was quickly moved to the next round of interviews. Next I interviewed with General Manager Luke. He was also a nice guy, very chill. He had some harder questions for me and really seemed interested in what I had to say. I was very impressed with both managers that I had contact with in these two interviews. After my interview with Luke I was promptly offered a position in the new Lexington store.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous serving experience.   Answer Question