BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.1

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Had 2 interviews on 2 separate days. One was with a manager and the other was with the General manager. After arriving, the wait for the interview can be long. I came during a slow time, so they were able to see me within a few minutes. I have heard that some wait for almost an hour for a manager to see them. The interview for me only took about 30 minutes because I was referred by a current employee at the time and was very casual.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Anaheim, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, and both required waiting a long time before meeting with the interviewers. The first interview was very straightforward, and they seemed to have a genuine interest. The second interview consisted of the interviewer telling me they weren't hiring for seasonal positions. Not sure why they didn't just tell me that over the phone, rather than wasting my time.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online and was quickly called in for an interview. I first interviewed with Kevin and he was awesome. We just hit it off and was quickly moved to the next round of interviews. Next I interviewed with General Manager Luke. He was also a nice guy, very chill. He had some harder questions for me and really seemed interested in what I had to say. I was very impressed with both managers that I had contact with in these two interviews. After my interview with Luke I was promptly offered a position in the new Lexington store.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous serving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was quick, simple and easy. Also very friendly and professional. The management staff was friendly and also very don to earthy. Also interested in your out of work life as well.

Interview Questions

• What is gracious Hospitality   1 Answer

Take Out Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lancaster, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got hired on the spot, same day second interview. They were really desperate for employees as they hired anyone who walked in the door. Would screw some minors over by wasting their time interviewing them, making them wait 3 hours on the GM then at the end telling them they cannot get hired because they are under 18.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Norman, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and had to fill out a personality quiz thing. I was called a few days later to set up an interview. Went in for a first round interview, and was interviewed by one of the managers. I was asked very basic questions about my work experience, if I lived close by, where I go to school, etc. I went in a few days later for my second round interview and interviewed with the GM. Not difficult at all. Was offered job that day and signed the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?
      Why do you want to work for BJ's?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Florence, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy applied one night got a call back next morning in a Saturday went in for interview same day got hired on the spot. Nice lady interviewed me but she left.

Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easier than expected cos I was very nervous. First you talk to a supervisor I believe, she was nice. Asked about past experience. If they like you, you get passed on to the Gm. He was nice as well. Both interviews were like 15 mins. They want you to ask questions. So be prepared to. After my interview was hired on the spot. Know a Thing or two about their menu. Dress is business formal. Orientation is in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on using indeed job app. Was called in and spoke to two different managers. Then after a short wait while the managers spoke to gm over the phone. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a server from your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and they called me 3 hours later for an interview on Saturday. I went to the interview Saturday and a man that looked like he was a cook interview me.My next interview was with the GM on Monday. The GM asked me questions and he told me I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is reliability to you?   1 Answer