BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

We took an online...personality test essentially, it's designed to see if you have certain character traits that the corporation believes valuable. After that, you are called in for an interview and that's usually with 2 or 3 managers.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Puyallup, WA).

Interview

I went in had a first interview with GM asked my questions about why I like Bjs. Had 2 interview then hired that day. They both asked different questions and where very easy to talk to which made me feel comfortable and confident.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Stockton, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Went in 3 different times for interviews with 3 different managers. All asked very basic questions. No interview lasted more than 3 minutes. First time was with a very low scale manager, he basically sat and got to know my personality, which is happy and bright. Second interview was with a higher manager, he asked about my work ethic and how I could thrive here and he asked why I left my old job. Straight forward questions. He told me I would be passed along to be interviewed by the hiring manager. When I went in for that interview, she sat with me for maybe 30 seconds and told me I was hired and to come back in another week for orientation. No questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose BJ's to work?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Round Rock, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It took 3 interviews, the AGM, GM, then Kitchen Manager. A total of 2 weeks. I was not given a tour or general overview of what I was getting into. It was the basic can you breathe and function questions.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called in for interview. Interviewed in October, got a call in december and started working in January. Applied online a few times before getting a call for an interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Vienna, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was no real interview. I was asked my availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be then hired on the spot. They were hiring all candidates on the spot without an interview because they were short staffed. Only recently have they started a 2 interview process of hiring. Once I was hired, I understood why. That place is a wreck.

Interview Questions

• My availability and what I'd like my hourly rate to be.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview at different location was a two step interview first was with kitchen manager and called back for interview with general manger Both went well though the interview with the general manager seemed more casual it did seem like I would have gotten the job but I guess someone else was a better candidate as I never worked in a kitchen

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restaurant kitchen and have you ever done dishwashing at a restaurant   2 Answers

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Called in for interview. Member of mgmt came out from kitchen and sat me down at table and we talked for literally 3-5 minutes. She asked me what hours I was available and asked if I understood the kitchen was a hot, busy place.