BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Norman, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and had to fill out a personality quiz thing. I was called a few days later to set up an interview. Went in for a first round interview, and was interviewed by one of the managers. I was asked very basic questions about my work experience, if I lived close by, where I go to school, etc. I went in a few days later for my second round interview and interviewed with the GM. Not difficult at all. Was offered job that day and signed the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?
      Why do you want to work for BJ's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Florence, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy applied one night got a call back next morning in a Saturday went in for interview same day got hired on the spot. Nice lady interviewed me but she left.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The gm sat down with me and told me to tell him about myself, and my experience with my previous employer, he asked why should he hire me and asked me to discretion myself in 3 words, what is my work ethic

Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easier than expected cos I was very nervous. First you talk to a supervisor I believe, she was nice. Asked about past experience. If they like you, you get passed on to the Gm. He was nice as well. Both interviews were like 15 mins. They want you to ask questions. So be prepared to. After my interview was hired on the spot. Know a Thing or two about their menu. Dress is business formal. Orientation is in 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on using indeed job app. Was called in and spoke to two different managers. Then after a short wait while the managers spoke to gm over the phone. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a server from your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Friday and they called me 3 hours later for an interview on Saturday. I went to the interview Saturday and a man that looked like he was a cook interview me.My next interview was with the GM on Monday. The GM asked me questions and he told me I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is reliability to you?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was on my laptop on line through their website after I submitted my resume. It was easy, kind of subjective and repetitive, but as long as you answered it honestly if feel as if it would weed out the type of employees they would not want to hire. I have managed in my past and I know what they are looking for. It is an initial weeding out process. It took quite a while, but it is a good way to summarize the style and type of person that is applying for the selected position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. 1st interview was just a meet and learn who I was. The 2nd was supposed to be with the general manager, but she had another meeting scheduled, so I met with a different manager. The job was simple, therefore the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Are you available nights, weekends, and holidays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then they called me for an interview. I then had two interviews with two different managers and when I met with the general manager they offered me the job. However, they couldn't find my online application and told me they would look into it. They never got back to me and even after calling back to check with them they never gave me a response. So after offering me the job they didn't hire me because they couldn't find my online applicaiton

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (College Station, TX).

Interview

Very easy. Basic serving questions and looks to see if you are a people person. You go through two managers and get certifications done before you get on the floor. very easy post-test.

Interview Questions

• One, if I had reliable transportation/way to get to work and two, if I could work in a fast-paced environment for long periods of time.   1 Answer