BJ's Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.2

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online. Had one interview, very basic. I was asked questions that demonstrated my experience in service and willingness to learn the specific service model. Very common service industry interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience in the service industry   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

pretty causal type of interview, they asked you some typical questions testing your knowldege of your skills and the ocupation. followed up by me asking some questions of how they manged the place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview starting on Monday. It was a three interview process with 3 different managers. After the first I was scheduled the next day, after that I was scheduled Friday for the final interview with the restaurant manager. Finished and she said that to expect a phone call by Monday for a position.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Relaxed, interviewed with the GM (Best part about working there, he is very professional and always looks out for his employees). The interview was very relaxed, in person, basically just went over why I am applying for the position and for how long do I plan to stay.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online for a server position, called them back a couple of days later and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was the best interview ever however instead of getting the server job I was offered the hostess position which was fine because I really needed a job. The manager was so nice, the interview was basically to get to know my personality more and schedule availability. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was told to wait until Monday for a response (the interview was on wednesday). I got a response on Sunday saying I was hired, I gave the manager my SSN to be put in the system, she told me I had orientation Wednesday at 8:30am. Orientation was paid, I was there for about 3 hours, was taught how to clock in and out, it was A LOT of computer stuff to get you to know all about BJ's. Then I was asked to come in for hostess training for the next four days!

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online and was quickly called in for an interview. I first interviewed with Kevin and he was awesome. We just hit it off and was quickly moved to the next round of interviews. Next I interviewed with General Manager Luke. He was also a nice guy, very chill. He had some harder questions for me and really seemed interested in what I had to say. I was very impressed with both managers that I had contact with in these two interviews. After my interview with Luke I was promptly offered a position in the new Lexington store.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous serving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was quick, simple and easy. Also very friendly and professional. The management staff was friendly and also very don to earthy. Also interested in your out of work life as well.

Interview Questions

• What is gracious Hospitality   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Florence, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy applied one night got a call back next morning in a Saturday went in for interview same day got hired on the spot. Nice lady interviewed me but she left.