BJ's Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Relaxed, interviewed with the GM (Best part about working there, he is very professional and always looks out for his employees). The interview was very relaxed, in person, basically just went over why I am applying for the position and for how long do I plan to stay.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online for a server position, called them back a couple of days later and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was the best interview ever however instead of getting the server job I was offered the hostess position which was fine because I really needed a job. The manager was so nice, the interview was basically to get to know my personality more and schedule availability. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was told to wait until Monday for a response (the interview was on wednesday). I got a response on Sunday saying I was hired, I gave the manager my SSN to be put in the system, she told me I had orientation Wednesday at 8:30am. Orientation was paid, I was there for about 3 hours, was taught how to clock in and out, it was A LOT of computer stuff to get you to know all about BJ's. Then I was asked to come in for hostess training for the next four days!

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online and was quickly called in for an interview. I first interviewed with Kevin and he was awesome. We just hit it off and was quickly moved to the next round of interviews. Next I interviewed with General Manager Luke. He was also a nice guy, very chill. He had some harder questions for me and really seemed interested in what I had to say. I was very impressed with both managers that I had contact with in these two interviews. After my interview with Luke I was promptly offered a position in the new Lexington store.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous serving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was quick, simple and easy. Also very friendly and professional. The management staff was friendly and also very don to earthy. Also interested in your out of work life as well.

Interview Questions

• What is gracious Hospitality   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Florence, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy applied one night got a call back next morning in a Saturday went in for interview same day got hired on the spot. Nice lady interviewed me but she left.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on using indeed job app. Was called in and spoke to two different managers. Then after a short wait while the managers spoke to gm over the phone. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a server from your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then they called me for an interview. I then had two interviews with two different managers and when I met with the general manager they offered me the job. However, they couldn't find my online application and told me they would look into it. They never got back to me and even after calling back to check with them they never gave me a response. So after offering me the job they didn't hire me because they couldn't find my online applicaiton

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (College Station, TX).

Interview

Very easy. Basic serving questions and looks to see if you are a people person. You go through two managers and get certifications done before you get on the floor. very easy post-test.

Interview Questions

• One, if I had reliable transportation/way to get to work and two, if I could work in a fast-paced environment for long periods of time.   1 Answer