BJ's Restaurants Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Service Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Chino Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Arrived slightly before appointed interview time. Waited almost thirty minutes after the appointment time. When it was time for the interview I should have realized I was sent down river and that I wasn't going to get the job. Instead of being interviewed by a manager, I was interviewed by the head of the kitchen.
As we sat at a table in the corner of the restaurant he fumbled through the papers that were probably printed out thirty seconds before he gathered me from waiting in the front. He asked me about my previous employment and what those jobs entailed. I told of recent ones and spoke of ones that were listed on my resume that I attached via their internet application process, but were not listed on their truncated list for their internet application that only allows users to put three previous places that they worked. When I spoke of the one that was on the resume and not their short list a momentary look of bewilderment flashed on his face and he shuffled through the papers again.With that reaction I can only guess that resume does not get seen by those doing the interview and it almost pointless to upload one. I recommend that you bring one to the interview, because they will only have the listing of the jobs you provided on their shortsighted internet application.
After a few more questions about the other jobs that I had held he decided to be more straightforward and told me that I wasn't going to get the job and partly it had to do with not having a food handlers card, which seems more like a deflection because the law requires someone to get one within 30 days of being hired and it costs 10 to 20 dollars to take a class and tests to get a card.

My advice is make sure you are interviewed by a manager, and bring a detailed resume to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience at your other jobs, what you did.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

3 interviews total. Took about 2 weeks all together. It was a friendly environment. I wish it was a little more fast-paced but I understand meeting all of the different managers before hand.

Interview Questions

• How long did I plan on staying at this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Rafael, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and asked if I was interested and willling to come in for an interview which I agreed to. First interview was a 1 on 1 with a manager who basically just asked me why BJ's and what specific position I was applying for, for which I had put any. She suggested takeout and invited me to come back two days later and ask for another manager who's name she gave me. Came in two days later talked to him, then was asked to stick around and wait for another manager who sat and talked with me and then asked if I could wait again to meet with the GM. The GM interviewed me offered a position as service assistant that he thought would fit me for starting out and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

My interview consisted of meeting with the General Manager when I walked in to follow up on an application I had turned in about a week prior. At this time the GM simply took me to an open table in the restaurant and asked me a few simple questions and my availability and said I would fit in well here. Easy easy easy.