BJ's Wholesale Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call next day for interview. It was an easy interview. General manager interviewed me. Atmosphere is very friendly. I hired as a temporary. But overall everything positive so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Summerville, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a mass interview for a new store opening. The actual interview took less than 5 minutes. Several people were there and each called to a table in a temporary building. The interviewer never made eye contact with me beyond the initial greeting. She just looked at my application and asked a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 words that describe you that relate to customer service.   1 Answer
    • How do you make your job a priority over home/family life?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with $10/hour?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your last job.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in April 2017.

Interview

Casual and easy. She told me about the job and asked me about the hours that I'm available. Mostly the interview was about the job's specification. No special skills needed. If you are available anytime specially weekends, you get the jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It took awhile to be called for interview . It seems that nobody gets full-time except managers.
    You name is put in hat and draw names to see who works that week. You have to be able to lift 40 lbs.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online. Got a call from the manager with 3 days of applying to come in for an interview the next day. I thought that I was going to be asked a substantial amount of questions, but didn't. The manager does most of the talking- I just listened. Although. I was prepared, I was only asked one question.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember the question that was asked but it has to do with customers.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (North Brunswick, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 3 days later to come for an interview. Came in and meet with a male hiring manager. Was asked about my work experiences and the mention was made about a receiving supervisor position that I might be great for. Was told to expect a follow-up call from the department head but never did.

Interview Questions

• How flexible I am working nights and different shifts.   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Quincy, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application. Once you pass the questionnaire, you get into the orientation. They do a background check and a drug test. Once you pass all three they will bring you in for an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What are the best contributes of an employee of BJs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Manchester, CT).

Interview

There was an initial interview with the member services manager, followed by s second interview with the general manager. They did not ask me about my strengths or weaknesses. The managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Butler, NJ).

Interview

They like to drill you with questions and make you feel intimidated during the whole process. They Will also ask you questions that you don't think they are going to ask you. They focus more on the company versus who you are as a person. Definitely study the company more when preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle rude customers? How would you make sure youre following our guidelines 100% of the time? Would you report fellow employees for breaking such guidelines?   2 Answers

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Westborough, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter to discuss job responsibilities and experience, followed by phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by phone interview with hiring manager's boss. I was an out of state candidate, so the next step was being flown in for interviews with several parties with whom I'd be working, as well as meeting potential teammates to gauge personality fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your insights/recommendations not being followed?   Answer Question