BJC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJC HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2016

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The position was that of Sourcer, and I was interviewed by the competition, a Sourcer. I was told, the position was open because the predecessor "went to another department" (hum!). I NEVER received feedback regarding the phone interview; and I assume, the Sourcer would not want to recommend competition that has better recruitment and sourcing skills than himself! Overall, it was a poor experience and waste of time!

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me and we set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview went very well, I was very prepared and thorough and lady was nice. She ended with stating that she would email me information regarding my unit interview later in the day. (She even gave me directions and went through salary in detail) I patiently awaited an email that never came. I called after 2 days to leave a voicemail respectfully asking to please advise if position was still available as I had not received said email. Never heard back...until 2 weeks later the same recruiter called AND emailed wanting to know if I wanted to interview for the same position (the one I had already interviewed with her for!) While it really annoyed me that she had clearly forgotten that we had already spoken, I responded with both phone call and email and again, never heard back. Uh, what?! have no respect for a company who doesn't have the decency to respond and actually goes out of the way to deliberately ignore candidates. How unprofessional and disappointing.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for a phone interview less than a week later. I was then told to come in a few days later for a face to face. I met 2 supervisors and was shown around on the floor. A few days later i recieved a call to have a peer interview that lasted 20-30 mins.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Telephone interview after being recruited on LinkedIn.v. Initial recruiter reached out on linked in. When I responded, forwarded to the local recruiter. Had a few phone convesations prior to actual interview. Awaiting second interview, with unit manager. Recruiter was very flexible with timing and with required submissions. Very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• A time you made a clinical error, and what you did about it.   1 Answer

PI Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview that consisted of about 7-8 employees. They asked mostly scenario based questions... Tell me about a time when.... Although there were many people in the interview room, it was not very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a barrier?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online through BJC website. Received phone call from HR recruiter a few days later. Did a phone screen with HR in which they asked basic behavioral type questions and things such as why our hospital? why the particular unit? etc. Had an informal phone interview with the floor manager a couple days later and was asked to come in for a half day shadow the next week. The shadowing day allowed a great opportunity to get a feeling for the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you took care of patient that was diverse from you.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Initial phone interview by HR recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager, then called to meet with the team of case managers. The team of case managers appear to work harder and not smarter!. Consistently made discouraging statements about the position during the interview, so I asked myself, why would I want to work with an unhappy group of individuals? Answer: I don't, no offer was made and accepted a different position elsewhere!

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about how my skills will transfer to case management. I am a case manager and aware of the role! Why do you want to be a case manager?. Asked the same question several times by different case managers. Felt like the Twilight Zone!   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

They were very thorough, and very nice. The job expectations were made very clear. I interviewed with Human Resources,and then had a group interview in the department. They offered to let me come back another day to shadow for a couple of hours to see what the job would be like. I decided that the job was not what I was looking for, and did not pursue it further.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Was flawless and it was like any other IT interview. It is comprised of technical and theoretical questions. You have to be more specific while explaining the questions. I have been contacted three days ago and it was kind of promising. I have been scheduled for another face to face interview as well

Medical Exchange Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter was used, who screened references with 30 question surveys, then I was interviewed over the phone for 20 minutes. A few days later I interviewed with the manager, and 2 days after that I was interviewed by team members

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to improve procedures at a job without being asked to do so?   1 Answer