BJC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Belleville, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

They messed up the interview day and didn't call me until I was already finished looking like a fool because I showed up for the interview. The hiring manager never sent over my application or resume. They never called or emailed back after numerous attempts. Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you've made in your field?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you have 12 Patients and they all are needing help? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

25 minute phone screening interview. Forward answers to questions to the hiring manager. Would set up an in person interview . Followed by team meeting.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Team was friendly and personable, I just don't think I was the best fit for them. The first question was are you nervous, to which I answered "no". I'm not sure that went over to well, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was intimidated. At any rate, I was grateful for the opportunity.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The position was that of Sourcer, and I was interviewed by the competition, a Sourcer. I was told, the position was open because the predecessor "went to another department" (hum!). I NEVER received feedback regarding the phone interview; and I assume, the Sourcer would not want to recommend competition that has better recruitment and sourcing skills than himself! Overall, it was a poor experience and waste of time!

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me and we set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview went very well, I was very prepared and thorough and lady was nice. She ended with stating that she would email me information regarding my unit interview later in the day. (She even gave me directions and went through salary in detail) I patiently awaited an email that never came. I called after 2 days to leave a voicemail respectfully asking to please advise if position was still available as I had not received said email. Never heard back...until 2 weeks later the same recruiter called AND emailed wanting to know if I wanted to interview for the same position (the one I had already interviewed with her for!) While it really annoyed me that she had clearly forgotten that we had already spoken, I responded with both phone call and email and again, never heard back. Uh, what?! have no respect for a company who doesn't have the decency to respond and actually goes out of the way to deliberately ignore candidates. How unprofessional and disappointing.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for a phone interview less than a week later. I was then told to come in a few days later for a face to face. I met 2 supervisors and was shown around on the floor. A few days later i recieved a call to have a peer interview that lasted 20-30 mins.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Telephone interview after being recruited on LinkedIn.v. Initial recruiter reached out on linked in. When I responded, forwarded to the local recruiter. Had a few phone convesations prior to actual interview. Awaiting second interview, with unit manager. Recruiter was very flexible with timing and with required submissions. Very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• A time you made a clinical error, and what you did about it.   1 Answer

PI Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview that consisted of about 7-8 employees. They asked mostly scenario based questions... Tell me about a time when.... Although there were many people in the interview room, it was not very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a barrier?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online through BJC website. Received phone call from HR recruiter a few days later. Did a phone screen with HR in which they asked basic behavioral type questions and things such as why our hospital? why the particular unit? etc. Had an informal phone interview with the floor manager a couple days later and was asked to come in for a half day shadow the next week. The shadowing day allowed a great opportunity to get a feeling for the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you took care of patient that was diverse from you.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Initial phone interview by HR recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager, then called to meet with the team of case managers. The team of case managers appear to work harder and not smarter!. Consistently made discouraging statements about the position during the interview, so I asked myself, why would I want to work with an unhappy group of individuals? Answer: I don't, no offer was made and accepted a different position elsewhere!

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about how my skills will transfer to case management. I am a case manager and aware of the role! Why do you want to be a case manager?. Asked the same question several times by different case managers. Felt like the Twilight Zone!   Answer Question