BJC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJC HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

Catering Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. The frist one was a 30 min phone interview. I got an email on my phone saying they wanted to have a phone interview with me. You click yes and pick the date and time you like to have, then they call you and make sure your phone is right by you at that time because if you miss it you might not get another chance. They ask you question like why would you like to work for bjc or they will ask if the hours work good for you just like a regular interview.Then if that person likes you and you pass they will give you a time and date to go meet the hiring manger. You will walk around the 1st hour of the interview on the floor and observing to see if you like it enough and then have the interview afterwards. Its like 2- 3 hours of your time. You see how to take orders and assemble the food. Then go and talk to hiring manger and thats it. My advice come perpared. Have you resume and have a pen and write down questions to ask them.

FMLA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare in March 2014.

Interview

One on one then panel interview. Turn around time to hear from a recruiter took about two months. Manger is very pleasent and professional as well as the team. I could definitely tell they stand behind their mission.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got the amount that I asked for

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I have three interviews; supervisors, peers, manager. The entire process from start to finish took a week. I went through a recruiter who was very helpful through the process and gave me a lot of insight on the job.

Epic Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

This was an In person interview, followed by a test on Epic, EPIC 2 hour test,multiple phone calls with HR folks that called repeatedly.

Medical Exchange Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter was used, who screened references with 30 question surveys, then I was interviewed over the phone for 20 minutes. A few days later I interviewed with the manager, and 2 days after that I was interviewed by team members

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to improve procedures at a job without being asked to do so?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Initially they were very prompt and forth-coming about how the interview process would work. First round was a phone interview with a Recruiter, followed by a phone interview by the Hiring Manager. Both were fairly easy interviews. Then there was a writing exercise followed by an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager which was basically a repeat of the phone interview. I was told that fit would be the most important part of this interview process.

Shortly afterwards a panel interview was scheduled with 5 people from the team. The interview process was 5 behavioral questions (one question asked by each team member) and was quite short. I was prepared for the behavioral questions and used the STAR technique to answer each other. I was unable to answer the final question that was asked which I think was a mistake since they were rating each of my answers and comparing to the other candidates.

When I followed up 2 weeks later, I was told that a decision would be made in a couple of weeks. Another month went by and I got an email asking for my references. They requested 5 references including 2 managers for an on-line reference system (SkillSurvey) and when my references didn't answer quickly enough, the Recruiter followed-up with me. I didn't hear anything for several more weeks when I received a phone call from the Recruiter letting me know that the Hiring Manager had moved on with other candidates.

Overall, this was a very time-consuming interview process that was unnecessarily long. The whole process was very impersonal and formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have used collaboration skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I met with the hiring manager and another recruiter who I would be assisting. They took turns asking me behavioral-based questions about my work history to have me demonstrate how my skills and values fit in with the culture of BJC. There wasn't a lot of time spent on my ability to do the job (they trusted the staffing agency to establish that).

Interview Questions

• BJC utilizes behavioral-based interviewing. Be prepared to answer their questions with specific scenarios from your work history (i.e. discussing conflicts with employees, demonstrating decision-making skills, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was a contractor, there was no negotiation. In general, there is somewhat limited room for negotiating salary.

Training and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare in August 2009.

Interview

Asked via email to develop a sample. Next, invited to on site interview. It was a combination of 1:1, 1:5, 1:2.

Interview Questions

• If we hire you, what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2009.

Interview

Very cordial and friendly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR within company not willing to negiotate. Maybe due to the state of the job market then. Employers had the leverage!

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Belleville, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

They messed up the interview day and didn't call me until I was already finished looking like a fool because I showed up for the interview. The hiring manager never sent over my application or resume. They never called or emailed back after numerous attempts. Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you've made in your field?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you have 12 Patients and they all are needing help? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question