BJC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and keep me up to the moment I was offer a position with the hospital. The background requirements did take some time but I can understand why.

Student Nurse Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy - was exactly as expected or anything that you can probably search for online to be prepared. Recruiter talked pretty fast and was hard to understand part of the time, but was always okay with repeating.

Interview Questions

Was too busy with school to fill a part-time position

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for a phone interview less than a week later. I was then told to come in a few days later for a face to face. I met 2 supervisors and was shown around on the floor. A few days later i recieved a call to have a peer interview that lasted 20-30 mins.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The position was that of Sourcer, and I was interviewed by the competition, a Sourcer. I was told, the position was open because the predecessor "went to another department" (hum!). I NEVER received feedback regarding the phone interview; and I assume, the Sourcer would not want to recommend competition that has better recruitment and sourcing skills than himself! Overall, it was a poor experience and waste of time!

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The HR coordinator was given my name and phone number but couldn't find my application and I had to reapply. After I reapplied I was told to call the HR coord directly, which I did. She set up a phone interview, and called me 45 mins after the scheduled time. I completed the phone interview and she set up an in person interview before hanging up. The in person interview uses the STAR method and was with a higher level HR person, possibly a manager. They read questions from a book and then she typed my responses up on the computer. You needed to answer using the STAR method or she would ask the question again. Then I was taken into the actual hospital and interview with the ANM, I was asked some of the same questions and some different, again using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and dealing with difficult people.   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me and we set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview went very well, I was very prepared and thorough and lady was nice. She ended with stating that she would email me information regarding my unit interview later in the day. (She even gave me directions and went through salary in detail) I patiently awaited an email that never came. I called after 2 days to leave a voicemail respectfully asking to please advise if position was still available as I had not received said email. Never heard back...until 2 weeks later the same recruiter called AND emailed wanting to know if I wanted to interview for the same position (the one I had already interviewed with her for!) While it really annoyed me that she had clearly forgotten that we had already spoken, I responded with both phone call and email and again, never heard back. Uh, what?! have no respect for a company who doesn't have the decency to respond and actually goes out of the way to deliberately ignore candidates. How unprofessional and disappointing.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online after a conversation with the hiring manager. Within a week, HR contacted me asking for references. In-person interview at BJC campus a couple days later with a hiring panel of 3 people, immediately followed by a 1-on-1 conversation with HR. An official offer was extended just under a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where it was difficult to get team buy-in.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager was very distant. Did not write down answers or make much eye contact. All she did was rattle off questions. The questions were standard behavioral interview questions. It was a slightly confusing interview. Typically I can tell how it went but honestly she seemed to not care at all. I was shocked to hear back and truthfully she hasn't seemed to care much at all since I started working.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember the questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had set the price and because I was an internal transfer they were very much take it or leave it.

BMET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Reviewed my resume online, I was told I was the perfect candidate for the job. Proceeded to then conduct an over the phone interview. Once that was complete a day later conducted an internet webcam interview. After the internet interview was completed I was told that HR would contact me with an offer letter to electronically sign and date along with other documentation that proves I was eligible to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with travel if the job requires you to?   1 Answer

Medica Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

first there was a phone screen thats lasted about 15 minutes. then the recruiter felt like i was a good match so she set up a face to face interview with her, & lastly a interview with the department manager who stated she liked me & showed me around the office.