BKD Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with BKD on campus after applying online. There were no technical questions, and very few behavioral questions, if any. The interview was mostly conversational, with one of the firm's partner's, and lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were very broad. First, the interviewer told me about their background and then asked about mine, it was purely conversational from there, aside from the obligatory,"Why BKD?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? School, internship experience, why accounting, why BKD, etc..   Answer Question
  • How do you handle stress/work under pressure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BKD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through the online career portal after being directed there through my schools careers services web page. Sent a follow up email to the listed contact and contacted the listed human resources recruiter after not hearing anything for several weeks. Never received any contact positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question due to lack of contact.   Answer Question

BKD Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We're sorry we didn't get back to you. Since 2013, we've been improving by providing better transparency in our hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was more of a sales by a young person of the firm; it was pretty evident the individual had not worked there long, and it was not a technical interview. It frankly was more of a sales pitch than an interview. The interview process is not geared for the interviewee, since different offices seem to work independently of each other in the interviewing and hiring process.