BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.7

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about prior experience and how it related to position. It was relatively standard, but then there was no follow up. I reached out and was send an email by the recruiter which came across as dismissive. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

BKD Response

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Our apologies! Our pacing can take a while sometimes when we're looking for the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and your application - we'll work on providing a more informative process. ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The second interview process began with dinner Thurs. night then breakfast Fri. a.m., overview of Company in a.m. and 2 interviews in p.m. Not a lot of pressure. More about getting to know you and if you fit their culture. Friendly environment. They were only hiring one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting?   1 Answer

BKD Response

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

While our processes differ a bit from office to office, there is a shared theme of seeking culture fit. It must have been a competitive group - keep an eye out for future openings!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview occurred on-campus. Second round was at their Chicago headquarters in Oak Brook. Easy interview and conversational. BKD recently acquired Wolf & Co. which is now their Chicago office. Through talks with partners I got the impression that the merger has not gone smoothly and their seems to be a struggle for an identity. Process was unorganized and communication was lacking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Very conversational. A partner and I discussed my resume. No behavioral questions. During the office interview I talked with a partner and an audit director. Basically the same interview style. Scanned my resume and asked me a couple questions about school, clubs, job experience. No behavioral questions at the office interview either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BKD
      Why do you want to work in Audit
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 week and I applied through a recruiter. There was about 5 people in the interview asking me questions. It was mostly behavoral questions onsite and mostly technical questions on the phone. Any full stack developer can pass the phone screening but the onsite behavoral question onsite are much more challenging. make sure you study the company before you go the the onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted about 90 minutes. It seemed like they already had there mind made up on another candidate. I had a long lecture on integrity, values and work ethics that came out of there employee manual. They mentioned they want their software developers to participate in meetings. I am guessing past employees refused to participate in meetings. It seemed thay wanted someone that is extroverted, out going and not shy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know anything about our company
      Q: How did you get started in software development
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Tell me a little about yourself
      Q: What is your greatest strength
      Q: How would you debug a windows service
      Q: Tell me a difficult problem you debugged at your previous employer
      Q: Explain your roll at your previous employer
      Q: What is the biigest project you worked on
      Q: What were some hurdles in building your project and how did you overcome them

Be prepared to answer troubleshooting questions as well.
      Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with BKD on campus after applying online. There were no technical questions, and very few behavioral questions, if any. The interview was mostly conversational, with one of the firm's partner's, and lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were very broad. First, the interviewer told me about their background and then asked about mine, it was purely conversational from there, aside from the obligatory,"Why BKD?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? School, internship experience, why accounting, why BKD, etc..   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress/work under pressure?   Answer Question

Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely professional and honest. Interview was very conversational and felt very at ease during the process. Conversation was structured around my experience, education, and what I was looking for in a career. Also discussed the company culture, personality types which typically succeed in this position plus their desired skill set. Probably one of the best interview experiences I have had to date.

Tax Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview first with the recruiting manager and then with one partner, after which I was invited to an in-person interview. It was a very good interview in terms of my being able to thoroughly vet the opportunity and their being able to get a good handle on my background, experience and skills, and career goals. However, subsequent to the interview, I received neither an offer nor a rejection; they simply went dark, despite a couple of follow ups on my part to the recruiter. This was disappointing on several levels.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for selecting a regional firm to apply to?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

On-campus interview, lots of behavioral question. It felt like the interviewer kept trying to catch me in a lie, which was off-putting. It's a great company, but I wouldn't want to work there if that is what the culture is like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, and then they contacted me to come in for an office visit. The office visit consisted of interviews with 2 audit partners back to back and then a lunch with 2 of the audit associates. The phone interview was a walkthrough of my resume. The office visit interviews were very conversational, the lunch is also part of the interview, the associates are asked to review you during the lunch.