BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for this internship through my university's career department. The first interview was on-campus. It was very conversational and relaxed. Eight weeks later was the office visit/final interviews, with a steak dinner the night before. We had two 30-minute interviews with two different partners. These interviews were also very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and make sure that you are good fit culturally with the firm. They also give you ample time to ask your own questions, so have some ready.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to make our interviews welcoming and conversational so not only do we learn about you, but you learn more about BKD.

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, with each one escalating in intensity and challenge, including writing and personality tests. The first test was a personally test, to determine if we fit the culture and characteristics of others who have been successful on the team. Followed by a brief phone interview. Next, we are invited to the office to meet with the team manager. The next round, we are invited back to take a writing and proofing test. The last round we are invited back to interview with more senior level executives and brief introduction to other team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What motivates you? What do you do in your free time? What work environment do you prefer? Why do you want to work at BKD? Do you like working with multiple deadlines on a daily basis? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 week and I applied through a recruiter. There was about 5 people in the interview asking me questions. It was mostly behavoral questions onsite and mostly technical questions on the phone. Any full stack developer can pass the phone screening but the onsite behavoral question onsite are much more challenging. make sure you study the company before you go the the onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted about 90 minutes. It seemed like they already had there mind made up on another candidate. I had a long lecture on integrity, values and work ethics that came out of there employee manual. They mentioned they want their software developers to participate in meetings. I am guessing past employees refused to participate in meetings. It seemed thay wanted someone that is extroverted, out going and not shy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know anything about our company
      Q: How did you get started in software development
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Tell me a little about yourself
      Q: What is your greatest strength
      Q: How would you debug a windows service
      Q: Tell me a difficult problem you debugged at your previous employer
      Q: Explain your roll at your previous employer
      Q: What is the biigest project you worked on
      Q: What were some hurdles in building your project and how did you overcome them

Be prepared to answer troubleshooting questions as well.
      Answer Question

Dynamics CRM Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BKD (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview process. I was interviewed first by phone on a Friday, and got an invitation to interview the following Monday, in Kansas City. Great team of people, excited about CRM business development. Offer came in below initial discussion with the recruiter, along with requirement for 2400 hours of work, and a contingency that the offer could possibly be revised due to "market conditions". HR was willing to revise the 2400 part to "full-time". Negotiating the 2,500/year discrepancy for their "ideal candidate" that would really "make the success of the CRM practice" was evidently a deal breaker. Their offer was way below the market for this position, and their typical bill rate is apparently way above market. Too many red flags on this one, I rejected their offer, and got another offer for 10K more/year.

Interview Questions

• Outline your experience with CRM.   1 Answer

Loan Review Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Questions

• They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Bloomington, IN) in November 2008.

Interview

BKD comes to your college and interviews and then if they like you there is an interview at the office where you would like to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in tax or audit   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them, after I had my offer, that I was going to interview somewhere else before I could get back to them. They gave me a 1,000 bonus.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through the online career portal after being directed there through my schools careers services web page. Sent a follow up email to the listed contact and contacted the listed human resources recruiter after not hearing anything for several weeks. Never received any contact positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question due to lack of contact.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We're sorry we didn't get back to you. Since 2013, we've been improving by providing better transparency in our hiring process.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, invited back for a day and a half office visit with dinner the night before a day of presentations and interviews at the Oak Brook office. Bad part was they didn't reimburse for mileage, they just gave gas cards which doesn't help those without a car

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about prior experience and how it related to position. It was relatively standard, but then there was no follow up. I reached out and was send an email by the recruiter which came across as dismissive. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Our apologies! Our pacing can take a while sometimes when we're looking for the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and your application - we'll work on providing a more informative process. ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The second interview process began with dinner Thurs. night then breakfast Fri. a.m., overview of Company in a.m. and 2 interviews in p.m. Not a lot of pressure. More about getting to know you and if you fit their culture. Friendly environment. They were only hiring one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting?   1 Answer

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

While our processes differ a bit from office to office, there is a shared theme of seeking culture fit. It must have been a competitive group - keep an eye out for future openings!