BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

National Industry Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Two different interviews. The first is with your direct supervisor. The second is with team members. Do your research on the industry. What's changing? How would you do marketing for your industry?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit at BKD?   1 Answer

BKD Response

May 3, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We try to be thorough in our interview process. Thanks for sharing your insight and welcome to BKD!

Staff Auditor Interview

Interview

Signed up for on-campus interview and met with a recruiter. Received a call the next afternoon that I had been selected for an in-office interview later that month. At the office I met with three separate people and had lunch with a few younger staff and was given my employment offer before leaving that day.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I dealt with people in a group situation, very common accounting question because all audit work is done in teams. Also discussed work experience and education, my expectations for my career, and 'why did you choose public accounting?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on offered salaries.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Phone interviews and then an office visit. The phone interviews were a get to know you kind of thing while the office visit consisted of meeting with a handful of partners and then going out to lunch with a couple of associates.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

The phone interview was a walk through of my resume.
    and I went into the office and interviewed with manager. He asked me more questions about myself than anything. It was not the most professional interview

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2009.

Interview

I had two interviews with BKD. The first interview was on campus. It was really relaxed and informal. Questions consisted of why accounting, why bkd, and the normal resume questions. The second interview I had was at their office in Indianapolis. It was an all day event where you have interviews with two partners and do a few other activities. The interview with the partners was very similar to the on campus interview.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

I began the process by submitting for an interview to do their summer leadership conference, which is the only way to get an internship with BKD. The interview itself was very relaxed and mostly a getting to know me session. Just asked about the things I had on my resume. After receiving an offer for the leadership conference just had to make sure I talked to a lot of people and got along with others. Offered the internship afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Not asked very difficult questions. Just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BKD (Lincoln, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

I went into the office and interviewed with one of their audit staff. He asked me more questions about myself than anything. It was not the most professional interview and if anything I felt like I was on a bad date.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Edmond, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on campus through the recruitment office. Apart from the awkward interview atmosphere (being on campus, in a borrowed office) the interview went well. We exceeded our allotted time and conversation was comfortable between the recruiter and I. I was told they were interested and would hear back from them but never did. I work three jobs and attend school, I had to take time off work to attend the interview and the least they could have done is sent me an email explaining they had decided to go in a different direction. I'm sure they meet with hundreds of students a year but being honest and straightforward would have been a better approach than giving me false hope.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in relocation?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

General get to know you, nothing behavioral. Was a good chance to tell about yourself and any unique items that sets you apart. They explain what they are looking for and go through the process of onboarding and their training tactic.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

May 30, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thanks for sharing your experience! Our interviews are a two way street - we learn about you and you learn about us.