BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

National Industry Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Two different interviews. The first is with your direct supervisor. The second is with team members. Do your research on the industry. What's changing? How would you do marketing for your industry?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit at BKD?   1 Answer

May 3, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We try to be thorough in our interview process. Thanks for sharing your insight and welcome to BKD!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BKD (Louisville, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took two days. The first night consisted of dinner and then a cocktail hour to get to know the staff. The morning of the next day consisted of two in office interviews, plus a tour of the office with a presentation about working at BKD.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you aren't working on accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Initially was on campus interview, very casual and more about introducing BKD than asking about me, the second interview was in office, with three different people -- a mixture of casual conversation to the usual stuff -- describe yourself, strength, etc.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Our interviews do tend to follow a more conversational flow - it's more reflective of our workplace. We're looking for people who aren't just looking for a job. We want people who want to be on our... More

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

On-campus interview. 30 minutes. Goes through the resume asks behavioral questions. Negative experience, focused on irrelevant grades and the deficiencies of my resume. Seemed to write me off immediately and not care about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult except for why I had a bad grade in an irrelevant class.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Started off by applying through our campus portal. After the application I met and talked with some of their staff members at the career fair. I received an interview the next week. Following that interview would be an office visit to your preferred locatoin

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus the spring before the internship starts. If you are accepted to interview on campus they will invite you to a dinner the night before the interview where you will get to see some of the other applicants and some of the current interns staff accountants and possibly the partner you will be interviewing with. At the on campus interview I was not really asked any questions it was more like a conversation. About a week later I was informed that I had made it to the in office interview. The day before the in office interview the company outs you up at a hotel in San Antonio, even if you live here, and you go to another dinner with some of the staff accountants and partners. The next morning is an all day interview you are there from 8-5 with 3 interviews, some information sessions, and lunch. At the 3rd interview I was told that I had gotten the internship.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

General interview process was conducted in a very comfortable atmosphere with nice interviewers and recruiters. And I received an offer from the firm in less than a week and I accepted.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and was told that I would be brought in for a face to face interview. Recruiter was very engaging but never followed through on what they said they would do. Eventually got an automated and impersonal email. The problem was not that I didn't get the job. It's the lack of follow through when what was communicated to me had changed. It was a very poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

May 2, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Oh goodness, we could have handled this better. Thank you for your feedback and we'll work on improving our process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Good not that hard try it partners are good staff are good Recommend try it fo not see other comments texas office in us it depends on the offices. Interview with partners

Interview Questions

BKD Response

May 2, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thanks for your feedback - we agree, our partners and staff are good!

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through the online career portal after being directed there through my schools careers services web page. Sent a follow up email to the listed contact and contacted the listed human resources recruiter after not hearing anything for several weeks. Never received any contact positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question due to lack of contact.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We're sorry we didn't get back to you. Since 2013, we've been improving by providing better transparency in our hiring process.