BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for this internship through my university's career department. The first interview was on-campus. It was very conversational and relaxed. Eight weeks later was the office visit/final interviews, with a steak dinner the night before. We had two 30-minute interviews with two different partners. These interviews were also very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and make sure that you are good fit culturally with the firm. They also give you ample time to ask your own questions, so have some ready.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to make our interviews welcoming and conversational so not only do we learn about you, but you learn more about BKD.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, invited back for a day and a half office visit with dinner the night before a day of presentations and interviews at the Oak Brook office. Bad part was they didn't reimburse for mileage, they just gave gas cards which doesn't help those without a car

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, with each one escalating in intensity and challenge, including writing and personality tests. The first test was a personally test, to determine if we fit the culture and characteristics of others who have been successful on the team. Followed by a brief phone interview. Next, we are invited to the office to meet with the team manager. The next round, we are invited back to take a writing and proofing test. The last round we are invited back to interview with more senior level executives and brief introduction to other team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What motivates you? What do you do in your free time? What work environment do you prefer? Why do you want to work at BKD? Do you like working with multiple deadlines on a daily basis? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about prior experience and how it related to position. It was relatively standard, but then there was no follow up. I reached out and was send an email by the recruiter which came across as dismissive. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Our apologies! Our pacing can take a while sometimes when we're looking for the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and your application - we'll work on providing a more informative process. ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The second interview process began with dinner Thurs. night then breakfast Fri. a.m., overview of Company in a.m. and 2 interviews in p.m. Not a lot of pressure. More about getting to know you and if you fit their culture. Friendly environment. They were only hiring one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting?   1 Answer

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

While our processes differ a bit from office to office, there is a shared theme of seeking culture fit. It must have been a competitive group - keep an eye out for future openings!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview occurred on-campus. Second round was at their Chicago headquarters in Oak Brook. Easy interview and conversational. BKD recently acquired Wolf & Co. which is now their Chicago office. Through talks with partners I got the impression that the merger has not gone smoothly and their seems to be a struggle for an identity. Process was unorganized and communication was lacking.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview, Office Visit, Offer. On Campus interview was with the lead recruiter. This is the screening stage, if you do well here you move onto office visit where all candidates applying for summer leadership, internships, and full-time participate.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type question, "tell me about a time when you led a group"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Very conversational. A partner and I discussed my resume. No behavioral questions. During the office interview I talked with a partner and an audit director. Basically the same interview style. Scanned my resume and asked me a couple questions about school, clubs, job experience. No behavioral questions at the office interview either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BKD
      Why do you want to work in Audit
      Answer Question

Tax Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview first with the recruiting manager and then with one partner, after which I was invited to an in-person interview. It was a very good interview in terms of my being able to thoroughly vet the opportunity and their being able to get a good handle on my background, experience and skills, and career goals. However, subsequent to the interview, I received neither an offer nor a rejection; they simply went dark, despite a couple of follow ups on my part to the recruiter. This was disappointing on several levels.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for selecting a regional firm to apply to?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 week and I applied through a recruiter. There was about 5 people in the interview asking me questions. It was mostly behavoral questions onsite and mostly technical questions on the phone. Any full stack developer can pass the phone screening but the onsite behavoral question onsite are much more challenging. make sure you study the company before you go the the onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted about 90 minutes. It seemed like they already had there mind made up on another candidate. I had a long lecture on integrity, values and work ethics that came out of there employee manual. They mentioned they want their software developers to participate in meetings. I am guessing past employees refused to participate in meetings. It seemed thay wanted someone that is extroverted, out going and not shy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know anything about our company
      Q: How did you get started in software development
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Tell me a little about yourself
      Q: What is your greatest strength
      Q: How would you debug a windows service
      Q: Tell me a difficult problem you debugged at your previous employer
      Q: Explain your roll at your previous employer
      Q: What is the biigest project you worked on
      Q: What were some hurdles in building your project and how did you overcome them

Be prepared to answer troubleshooting questions as well.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Bowling Green, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back, the guy was nice and friendly. He asked a lot of easy questionsn and seemed like he was more focused on selling BKD to me than I needed to be selling him on myself

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have about BKD   1 Answer

Negotiation

None