BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for this internship through my university's career department. The first interview was on-campus. It was very conversational and relaxed. Eight weeks later was the office visit/final interviews, with a steak dinner the night before. We had two 30-minute interviews with two different partners. These interviews were also very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and make sure that you are good fit culturally with the firm. They also give you ample time to ask your own questions, so have some ready.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to make our interviews welcoming and conversational so not only do we learn about you, but you learn more about BKD.

Dynamics CRM Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BKD (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview process. I was interviewed first by phone on a Friday, and got an invitation to interview the following Monday, in Kansas City. Great team of people, excited about CRM business development. Offer came in below initial discussion with the recruiter, along with requirement for 2400 hours of work, and a contingency that the offer could possibly be revised due to "market conditions". HR was willing to revise the 2400 part to "full-time". Negotiating the 2,500/year discrepancy for their "ideal candidate" that would really "make the success of the CRM practice" was evidently a deal breaker. Their offer was way below the market for this position, and their typical bill rate is apparently way above market. Too many red flags on this one, I rejected their offer, and got another offer for 10K more/year.

Interview Questions

• Outline your experience with CRM.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with BKD on campus after applying online. There were no technical questions, and very few behavioral questions, if any. The interview was mostly conversational, with one of the firm's partner's, and lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were very broad. First, the interviewer told me about their background and then asked about mine, it was purely conversational from there, aside from the obligatory,"Why BKD?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? School, internship experience, why accounting, why BKD, etc..   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress/work under pressure?   Answer Question

Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely professional and honest. Interview was very conversational and felt very at ease during the process. Conversation was structured around my experience, education, and what I was looking for in a career. Also discussed the company culture, personality types which typically succeed in this position plus their desired skill set. Probably one of the best interview experiences I have had to date.

Tax Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview first with the recruiting manager and then with one partner, after which I was invited to an in-person interview. It was a very good interview in terms of my being able to thoroughly vet the opportunity and their being able to get a good handle on my background, experience and skills, and career goals. However, subsequent to the interview, I received neither an offer nor a rejection; they simply went dark, despite a couple of follow ups on my part to the recruiter. This was disappointing on several levels.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for selecting a regional firm to apply to?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Decatur, IL).

Interview

Very easy. We sat across from each other and it felt very casual. Interviewer was very nice. It was entirely conversational. He asked about my hobbies and why I chose my university. We talked about going abroad and international opportunities in the office. The interview lasted about 30 mins.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BKD (Louisville, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

First me at a Beta Alpha Si picnic for informal introductions. Then turned in resume at an on-campus Meet the Firms. Applied online and was granted an on-campus interview. On campus interview very conversational. Talked about soccer (played in college) and other interests. Interviewer was very easy to talk to and made me feel calm and welcome. They were very clear on when I would find out if I would make it to the next step. I was called by their recruiter and invited to a second and final interview process. It was in another city, so I was put up in a nice hotel. Dinner the first night, and breakfast, presentation, interviews, and lunch the next day. Interviewed with 2 partners (each separate interviews). These were a bit less conversational, but still comfortable. Asked about previous experiences with jobs. No difficult questions though. Was told after interviews we would know their thoughts within a week and half (10-15 were there for this second interview process). I was then called 5 or so hours later and offered the job.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus, very informal with no behavioral questions. 2nd round was what they call the BKD Blitz. They put me up in a hotel downtown Thursday afternoon. Had dinner at a partners house that evening. Social event at Dave and Busters after dinner. Next day had breakfast with all the partners and other recruits, then went back to their office for presentations and 2 interviews.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Little Rock, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

meet the firms: meet and greet with employees and recruiter
    on-campus interview: face to face with senior manager
    in-office interview: interview with partners, office presentations, tours, lunch
    questions were easy, more conversational

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

General get to know you, nothing behavioral. Was a good chance to tell about yourself and any unique items that sets you apart. They explain what they are looking for and go through the process of onboarding and their training tactic.