BKD Staff Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BKD Staff Auditor Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

On campus Interview- BE YOURSELF/current project leader or no/ ASK QUESTIONS "The Right Questions". Did you get along with employer. what did you most hate about last job .Second Round- Know who they want at this point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE- for entry level

Other Interview Reviews for BKD

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD in October 2014.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview. Informal interview that consisted of your typical questions regarding your previous experiences and leadership qualities. Go in relaxed since chances are the BKD employee you are talking to is very friendly and wants you to not be nervous as well. Next step was an office visit where you interview with 2 partners or directors, and also go through some presentations telling you more about BKD. My offer came the day after my visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brought up any questions or concerns that I had. Personally asked about PTO since I have a wedding coming up, and they were very much willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions if you have any. If you were offered, they like you and want you to work with them. They will be willing to negotiate.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Phone interviews and then an office visit. The phone interviews were a get to know you kind of thing while the office visit consisted of meeting with a handful of partners and then going out to lunch with a couple of associates.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BKD (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Several mixers, first round interview on campus (very conversational and get-to-know-you), office interview (put you in a hotel, wine and dine). Toured the office, mixed with staff, and interviewed with a partner and senior manager. Very conversational, no tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer about your goals and aspirations (both in public accounting and work life)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry-level job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted the offer that day

Staff Auditor Interview

Interview

Signed up for on-campus interview and met with a recruiter. Received a call the next afternoon that I had been selected for an in-office interview later that month. At the office I met with three separate people and had lunch with a few younger staff and was given my employment offer before leaving that day.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I dealt with people in a group situation, very common accounting question because all audit work is done in teams. Also discussed work experience and education, my expectations for my career, and 'why did you choose public accounting?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on offered salaries.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavrioral

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question