BLITZ Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at BLITZ Agency

Digital Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency.

Interview

Given project to complete prior to meeting with cross discipline team. Presented to them and had discussion of current landscape. Example they requested was not for a current client or pitch- so very above board.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screener with a director of tech, then a code challenge, which involved grabbing and displaying data from a faux API using Backbone. Then an in-person interview set up with two engineers and the VP of technology. Sat down to discuss the code challenge with the engineers and explain my approach, thought process, and how I could have improved it. It was more like a friendly conversation than a high-pressure interview with grilling questions. Ended up lasting almost three hours. Afterward, I didn't hear back for two weeks until I had to ask them what was up.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual technical questions ("how would you build xyz out?"), no white-boarding or monitored demonstrations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Over the phone conference call. It was an easy interview with typical questions that were expected. They wanted a lot of explanation on my previous experience and the process/mindset I had while doing it.

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very through. It lasted about a 1/2 day. You'll meet with most of your team and some project managers and be given pretty thoughtful questions from people with a variety of backgrounds. There was no bad-interview-style grilling or aggressive questions. The interviewees were on time and attentive.

Interview Questions

• Describe the toughest problem yo have ever solved and how you solved it   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Fast and furious. They seemed really busy and I was cancelled on once, I think. It was hard to park where they're located (Prominade in Santa Monica) and there was no guidance on how to get there. The people who interviewed didn't seem like they had prepped anything specifically for me, and I sat in the lobby for awhile. They seemed cool but I should have paid attention to my instincts.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to look at all the decks they made and comment on them   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was all through email -- weird

Group Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process began in a more casual manner, lunch with the employee who referred me and one of the chief executives of BLITZ. As I was interviewing for a senior position, I got the sense that it was more of a chemistry check, to ensure alignment of temperament and overall management philosophy. Some of the conversation was also geared to test my general knowledge of the digital marketing space. After this meeting I began a series of interviews (3), usually over lunch, in which I met various department heads. The final interview was with the most senior executives. The interviews were very straightforward and transparent. I believe BLITZ was really intent on ensuring a good fit, and to that end, we're very forthcoming in their answers to my questions. The culture is not one steeped in formality. Having a sense of humor would be seen as a plus. BLITZ is driven by a desire to produce extremely well-executed, highly strategic work, that is constantly testing the human-technology connection, and I heard the phrase, "hungry, humble, smart" numerous times througout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of questions around hypothetical situations. Dealing with and managing a difficult employee, for example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was short, and handled through an exchange of offer letters. BLITZ and I met each other halfway.