BMC Software Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMC Software (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst interview I have ever been.
    The interview was ok in the beginning & later hiring manager was rushing because the room was booked for sales meeting. Hiring manager did not ask a single question about me or my career.
    Second thing the HR is very poor on response, after numerous emails, after month & half they came back. Absolutely lost the interest of the company. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• BMC presentation
      Scenario based question about BMC software to diagnose. Plenty of resources are online/youtube   Answer Question

Account Manager (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Tedious and old school is how I best described the process. First screening done by HR all pretty standard stuff. Second was face to face and thats when you start to feel that Jordan Belfort is about to make an appearance sadly without the private jet the hookers or the cocaine. The interview was a chat but not very engaging or interesting at that....its one of those interviews when you start thinking what you might be eating for diner that night or indeed what ever happened to that nice kid from your school all those years ago.....then we hit the discussion that one of their sales people is about to do a £1m year.....The next was a call with the Sales Director which was good and after that a very inclusive set of tests asking so many questions around Math, English etc. I found what was being asked of me to be so irrelevant to anything I have ever needed as a sales person I just thought why am I doing this.

The next interview after that was literally a sell me this pen style of cold call. A mock scenario where you ring up and they pretend to the COO of a major IT company...I really could not believe this was actually being asked of me. No context or anything just ring me up and try and get a meeting...hence my Jordan Belfort comments above...start banging your chest and humming.

The next interview after this was a face to face with the UK sales director.....

Interview Questions