BMO Capital Markets Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Capital Markets Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks applying through a campus recruiting website. It was overall a tough interview but there was only a couple rounds before a superday. Both behavioral and technical questions and they really want to know how you think and how much you actually know.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Capital Markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was referred for the position from another employee sending in my resume. I had phone interviews with two bankers (one associate and one VP) that were 30 minutes long each. One of the phone interviews covered behavioral questions while the other covered technical questions.

I was invited to Chicago for a final round consisting of four 30 minute interviews with bankers across all levels of the firm. I had one very technically heavy interview and the other ones were more about my experiences and why I was interested in the firm. I also got the good cop / bad cop routine pulled on me as they will try to catch you off guard.

Interview Questions

• Behavorials: Why BMO? Why Investment Banking? Walk me through your resume. How do you feel about Investment Banking hours?

Technicals: Walk me through a DCF. How would you model out a declining growth rate for Terminal Value? What factors do you look for in comparable companies?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through Campus Recruiting through my university. Was taken out for drinks and food and chatted with associates and managing directors at the firm. All small talk. Some finance talk, but was very casual. Then interviewed the next day. Very middle of the road behavioral and resume walk through questions, with a couple typical technicals that you should have down solid (depreciation effect on financial statements, valuation methods, etc).

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very smart and 10 being hard working, where would you place yourself and why?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Great culture and competitive interview process. Interviewed with four different senior bankers. There was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. Spent a lot of time going through my resume and how I could benefit the firm at the junior level. They had a couple superdays throughout the year.

Interview Questions

• Various valuation techniques for a tech company vs. utility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview gained thorugh on-campus recruiting at Villanova. Two senior bankers who were alums directed the whole first round process. Questions were mostly fit and current-events oriented. Not very much in the way of technicals.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me whether or not you think the equity markets are overvalued right now, and where they are going in the next 12 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Normal process, 2 interviews with an analyst and associate.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a berry bush that produces gold berries?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews first then a super day. It started because I spoke to an Alum of my college and he connected me with the Analyst doing the introductory screening. Once though the screening, I was offered a spot in one of the super days.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through my resume. They also asked me a few logic questions, a few math questions, and a few valuation questions that are pretty standard for IB analyst positions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I met a number of analysts and associates during a visit to the New York office. My school sets up a career trek in August where we visit a number of large players on Wall Street--banks, asset managers, etc.

Following this, I applied through both BMO's career website and to my school's career management website. I received an invitation to interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty standard. it was a 30-minute one-one-one on campus. The interviewer was an MD in one of the industry groups. He was extremely nice and certainly made the interview very relaxed. Technical Q's weren't terribly difficult--walk me through a DCF, describe CAPM, how do you find WACC.

I received a phone call two weeks after letting me know that I had not been extended an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in December 2008.

Interview

Very relaxing.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Standard technical and soft skill questions, broken in to two parts with different interviewers, I was part of on campus recruiting, be sure to practice typical fit and technical questions and should be fine