BMO Financial Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Emailed and spoke with director and MD. This process took around 10 days and was very informal. OVerall everyone was nice and respectful. Seemed like a good company to work for, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone introduction or screen. The next step, I came in and met wth several people from the team and other various management teams. The interview last approximately 30 mins each. Then I was called into another set of interviews. Overall it was a pleasant process and not too difficult.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview first, followed by face to face. phone was easy. generic hr questions, face to face was slightly tricky. Overall experience was neutral.the whole process was extremely long, one whole month for phone interview, and wait another two weeks to get call back for face to face , and again waited three weeks to get a response

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received call from company recruiter after 2 weeks. Asked about my work experience, and immediately setup face to face interview after 2 days. I interviewed with team lead first, it was about 20 min and was straight forward. No nonsense questions and all questions were to the point. Technical plus behavioral questions mixed to see if I was fit for the position and if I am capable of working in team and handle pressure. The person interviewing was nice and accommodating with a big smile the whole time, which made me feel comfortable. After interview, he said if I could be given another chance to interview the higher mgmt. Received a call next day to set up another interview after 2 days. This time it was mostly behavioral based and went for almost 40 min. talking back and forth and I had chance to ask him question as well. It felt more like a great conversation rather than a test or an interview.This was the best interview experience I ever had compared to many others that I gave. The whole process from receiving the call to face to face interview and offer of he job was given within a week. Although I was offered positions in other companies as well, I choose BMO because of the interview experience and opportunity to learn about the company and culture during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your background. Why are you interested in a position in this company? How would others describe you? What is your vision or goal?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

Interview

There is not much time for the interview though there was no time for pleasantries and to build rapport, the hiring manager and the HR person took the time to let me answer in detail, ask for more details and let me ask several questions.

Interview Questions

• The work required is very detail oriented. How would you improve your performance on that type of work?   Answer Question
    • What frustrates you about work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

Interview

very friendly and interactive interviews...make sure you know your resume very well and can connect your past experience with the new role

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2010.

Interview

hiring manager sent email inviting me for an interview scheduled 2 weeks after, and it was a panel consisting of the manager or other 2 colleagues. it took about 1 hour, mixed with behavior and tech questions, and 3 days later I got an email that they'd like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked reasonable and happy to see the job actually offers a bit higher pay

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager, who would be the direct manager if I get the offer. He has been managing the department for 3 years but doesn't know a bit about the technology. As I can imagine the interview was not relavent to any technological details and the converstation was pleasant. A couple of days later, I got a call from him and was asked to come for second interview with the director, who was new to the position and basically focused on behaviour questions. But after that, the manager was gone for vacation for a few weeks. When I followed up with the director, she kept saying that the decision had to be made after the manager returned. When he's back, he ignored my following-up and a couple of weeks later, I got told someone else got the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation which you and your boss don't see the solution the same way?   Answer Question