BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email thr following day telling me to complete the digital interview in 2days. Ive completed it 2 days ago and waiting for the result. Fingers crossed!!

Interview Questions

• How I handled critical criticism
      Time I went beyond expected
      How well you work with team etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email back requesting I complete a 20 minute virtual interview. I practiced for hours before and had mock questions prepared. Difficult so be prepared to have 30 seconds preparation and a 3 minute answer on video with no chance of do over. Practice is key!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you contributed to your team goal? What did you do to achieve this goal?   Answer Question

FSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by Hr then Branch manager
    Very smooth process and it took around 2 weeks.
    Branch manager is nice and the overall interview experience is good. Talks about the role as FSM and how much you know about BmO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

got a video interview, which recording urself from an apps. multiple choices, and teamwork question. how do you think you contribute the team. how do you sell a product which clients not interested. kind of straight because you have to see your self on the screen, which makes me a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

• multiple choices, and teamwork question. how do you think you contribute the team.   Answer Question
    • how do you sell a product which clients not interested.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Do mock interviews, self-interviews
    Speak loudly to yourself, if possible record and review.
    It is video recording process.
    The interview was only for 30 minutes and 3 questions (there were other questions but not video)

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain about the one time you received constructive criticism and what you did with it?

3) Explain a task that you performed as a team and achieved the goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

My suggestion to people taking interviews
    Please be prepared. Please be prepared.
    Do mock interviews, self interviews
    Speak loudly to yourself, if possible record and review.
    Come on stop taking selfies with your cat and do some useful shoots

I prepared for 3 days x 1 hours and 4 hours before the interview. Though it was surprising that the interview was only for 10 minutes and 3 questions (there were other questions biut not video but check mark)

30 seconds prep time and 3 minutes answering time   1 Answer
    • 2) Explain the biggest achievement in your career and why it is important to you?
      30 seconds prep time and 3 minutes answering time   1 Answer
    • 3) Explain a task that you performed as a team and achieved the goal.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got employee referral.
    after a couple weeks of applying thru its website, I had an in person interview with a branch manager and assistant manager. It was processed in a private room (not a group interview) and most of the questions were about myself, availability, and previous experience in customer service area.

Also, since they are hiring someone who can speak both English and one of the Asian languages (i would keep it as a secret for my own privacy), I went through a test on a language ability (Just had a casual conversation with one of the employees from that country).

3weeks later I was contacted by BMO recruiter and we set up a schedule for the phone interview. One day after I did the phone interview just as a pure formality(it is what the recruiter said).

I got 11 questions in total and it was mostly behavioral questions. and I was told that I will get contacted by branch manager in 4-5 business days for the result.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer
    • What is your long term goal in BMO?   1 Answer
    • When was the time you exceeded cutomers' expectations?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the time when you had to deal with difficult customers that you could not move forward?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the time when you sold something that customers didnt plan to purchase.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week after that. The interview was pre-recorded. I had to download recruiter company application to do my interview. Total 9 questions, about 6 of them were very basic about availability and experience. Last 3 questions were behavioral questions. If you have an experience in sales be prepared to talk about a time when you ...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied over their website. Got an email inviting me to do the digital interview the next day.
    There were 9 questions in total. 6 multiple choice (related to your preferences regarding work location, work hours etc) and 3 video questions.
    The video questions were not that difficult at all, but if you're camera-shy like me... good luck. ;)
    Needless to say that I didn't get any feedback/offer so far.

Interview Questions

• Q: What if you get constructive feedback?
      Q: How would you upsell a service/product?
      Q: When have you sold sth a custome didn't want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied at BMO careers website, got video interviewed the next day. Video questions are exactly the same as those of other candidates. 9 question, 3 for short answers, the rest asks for locations, number of hours of work per week, etc.

Interview Questions

• exactly the same as those for other candidates in calgary   1 Answer