BMO Financial Group Customer Contact Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Customer Contact Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.9

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a link to do an online simulation - it was a mock call centre, took about 30 minutes to complete. The next day I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview for the next day. It took about 30 minutes and had a variety of questions - very thorough about my previous work experience and education. He also gave an overview of the role and what to expect at the contact centre. At the end of the phone call, he invited me for a face to face interview. I was able to schedule mine for the next day, at the office where the contact centre is. I met with the interviewer for about 30 minutes - she said the interview was supposed to take an hour but we skipped a lot of questions because of my prior work experience. You should expect a little bit of role playing and behavioural type questions. I received an offer the following Monday (I interviewed on a Thursday).

I found it very helpful to go onto the BMO contact centre website and watch the videos - they helped me craft my answers and gave me insight to the role.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years
    Why should we hire you
    Tell me about a time you had a meaningful interaction with a customer (went above and beyond)

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then in person interview with HR. Very systematic interview. If you prepare all general questions with ease and come prepared no reason you shouldn't get the job.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Online simulation: A mock inbound call that tests your ability to pay attention and decision make
     and then a phone interview: A 30 min call where hr ask questions and explains the role

Interview Questions

• Q: Why BMO
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Can you tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client
      Q: How did you handle an angry client

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received 2 days later the request for the digital interview.
    Some advice: try to practice on HireVue before the actual interview, to avoid some awkward moments. At first, this experience is quite uncommon.

9 questions: 6 basics multiple choices (work hour preference, location, bilingualism, others), 3 video questions (details in next section).

Interview Questions

• Why do i want work in customer contact centre and in contact with clients?
      What are the key success for an effective client service/relation?
      An example of successful customer service

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Interview

It was first a Video Interview. Dress professionally. You get a practice round and then you have 30 secs to prepare for each question. Then you get to do the Math and Verbal Assessment- Have a pen and paper ready-it's not mental math, something you have to calculate. and for verbal, they pretty much want to know if you have a good demand of english. 3) In-person interview

Interview Questions

• 1) Behavioural Question- describe a time you received criticism, how did you handle it... 2) Online simulation asks you to act as an agent and then you're put in 1-2 scenarios.. 3) very similar to the Video interview.   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a video interview. I did the video interview and then they asked me to do an online stimulation test. I successfully completed that and now awaiting for their reply.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you cross sold a product, Describe a time when you received a customer complaint, What is important about doing a sale etc. The stimulation part teaches you things and then tests you on being an agent and also asks other personality questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

First step was digital interview, fortunately for me they called me and took a telephonic interview and they also told me that I do not need to do the digital interview as all the questions had been covered in the telephonic interview itself. And after that I had received email for completing an online simulation assessment which I have done and waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Cross selling, Significant contribution to a team, constructive feedback from supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation for video interview the next day. A week after that, I got an email for the online assessment/simulation. Received an email to schedule a telephone interview after that. Done the telephone interview and now waiting to see if I was successful. All the questions posted here were very helpful in preparing for the stages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Asks questions about sales and your experiences. Prepare by reviewing glass door interviews. Its is mostly the same. First procedure is online interview, then the assessment which is only as well. After that you will be scheduled for a phone interview if you are deemed qualified. This was my last step as other applicants were seen to be more qualified than i was. I think the last step is a face to face interview according to other applicants.
    Good luck and don't be disappointed if you don't get accepted.

Interview Questions

• Cross selling, why you want to work here?, briefly talk about your self etc   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Hired through a recruitment company, was not told there would be any selling. A LOT was left out of what the job really was. If I had known how competitive, stressful, fast-paced and robotic it was I would have never even applied. They don't care about anything besides selling products and having the shortest calls possible. You get in trouble if you mess up only if you are not selling enough.

Interview Questions

• They asked what skills you learned from EVERY job you have ever had.   1 Answer