BMO Financial Group Customer Contact Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview. A little unprofessional as Hiring Manager was late. Questions were fairly simple. Scenario based question was about if you could pick up on cues on when to sell or recommend questions. Displayed the target chart which is very competitive and if you dont meet them you will be terminated. Be prepared for the scenario question, the rest were fairly basic questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I had an online test/simulation to do before the phone interview. After the phone interview I had an interview in person with HR.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer? What is a good customer service? Talk about yourself and your past experience.   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied this Customer Service Representative job through a school group ads, i was kind of looking forward because it is mentioned about client based service. The first interviewer follow my applications process the whole time. She was really nice and friendly. But the thing is the post was misleading. I started to know I have to do sales position during interviews when there was no any information about products or sales towards customers. I asked the first interviewer and she mentioned about the sale targets arent that much and it post was mostly focusing on the customer. And when I went for the second face to face interview with her hire manager, I saw there was a huge sale target that I had to achieve. I mean it is no point to hide and try to enclose honest information to interviewee as it is something that person will face if they accept the chance to work. The first interviewer asked me to study through more about company history and some behavioral questions plus format of the second interview, and I did all the homework by using whole week reading through most website and annual report, but none of those had been asked nor the format was the same as the first interviewer did. I tried to send back emails to both interviewers a thank you letter and after a week I sent them how was the process of the interview, and i got no response at all while my friends who applied other positions in BMO even they did not accept to the job they still had a reply. Overall I did not satisfy with the process.

Interview Questions

• What opinion that you think you will give towards the company   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email thr following day telling me to complete the digital interview in 2days. Ive completed it 2 days ago and waiting for the result. Fingers crossed!!

Interview Questions

• How I handled critical criticism
      Time I went beyond expected
      How well you work with team etc   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied thrpugh linked in and. I had an telephonic interview and before that i did an assessment test and then waited for 3 weeks got an email from hr and then the personal interview.

Later after 2 weeks i got an offer letter and was able to join with the normal background checks n criminal records. It is very easy but need patience.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a link to do an online simulation - it was a mock call centre, took about 30 minutes to complete. The next day I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview for the next day. It took about 30 minutes and had a variety of questions - very thorough about my previous work experience and education. He also gave an overview of the role and what to expect at the contact centre. At the end of the phone call, he invited me for a face to face interview. I was able to schedule mine for the next day, at the office where the contact centre is. I met with the interviewer for about 30 minutes - she said the interview was supposed to take an hour but we skipped a lot of questions because of my prior work experience. You should expect a little bit of role playing and behavioural type questions. I received an offer the following Monday (I interviewed on a Thursday).

I found it very helpful to go onto the BMO contact centre website and watch the videos - they helped me craft my answers and gave me insight to the role.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Why should we hire you
      Tell me about a time you had a meaningful interaction with a customer (went above and beyond)   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then in person interview with HR. Very systematic interview. If you prepare all general questions with ease and come prepared no reason you shouldn't get the job.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Online simulation: A mock inbound call that tests your ability to pay attention and decision make
     and then a phone interview: A 30 min call where hr ask questions and explains the role

Interview Questions

• Q: Why BMO
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Can you tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client
      Q: How did you handle an angry client   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received 2 days later the request for the digital interview.
    Some advice: try to practice on HireVue before the actual interview, to avoid some awkward moments. At first, this experience is quite uncommon.

9 questions: 6 basics multiple choices (work hour preference, location, bilingualism, others), 3 video questions (details in next section).

Interview Questions

• Why do i want work in customer contact centre and in contact with clients?
      What are the key success for an effective client service/relation?
      An example of successful customer service   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Interview

It was first a Video Interview. Dress professionally. You get a practice round and then you have 30 secs to prepare for each question. Then you get to do the Math and Verbal Assessment- Have a pen and paper ready-it's not mental math, something you have to calculate. and for verbal, they pretty much want to know if you have a good demand of english. 3) In-person interview

Interview Questions

• 1) Behavioural Question- describe a time you received criticism, how did you handle it... 2) Online simulation asks you to act as an agent and then you're put in 1-2 scenarios.. 3) very similar to the Video interview.   Answer Question