BMO Financial Group Digital Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMO Financial Group

3.5

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Horribly unprofressional.

I believe my experience was probably specific to this department manager - although this was my only experience with BMO.

Hiring manager was condescending & rude. There was a snafu at security, which might have been partially my fault, however, security would not let me proceed until someone came to get me which apparently was a horrible ordeal for her (having to ride the elevator and all) and she berated me for 10 minutes (no exaggeration) - I should have turned around and left then.

She asked inappropriate questions - about proprietary information on my current role. She asked for the exact target numbers for opened accounts and CPAs (I gave her ballparks; she said she needed the exact number). She asked me how many accounts I had acquired, exactly, every month for the past four years of my role (who would know this off the top of her head?). She seemed disgusted that I didn't know the number.

I asked her for clarity about the department structure and she responded 'I already explained this'.

I asked her a few questions - what's the biggest challenge facing the marketing department? She asked me why I was asking this. I said I was curious as this challenge would impact the person taking on the role. She said she wasn't going to answer. I asked her about marketing tools they use - she said 'I'm not going to answer that', as if I asked for her SS#. Totally fine if she didn't want to share something with a candidate, but she could have spoken in general terms. Especially given what she was asking of me. I also asked if brand safety concerns in the digital space were a major concern at the moment she condescendingly replied 'so this is a bank'.

When I called the recruiter post-interview, telling her it didn't go well and I wouldn't want to work for this raging nightmare under any circumstance anyway, the recruiter sounded frustrated and implied this wasn't the first time she'd heard about this experience from a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, were your account open goals per channel (display, search, social)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR scheduled 30 minutes to do a pre-screen. It was very clinical -- asking about skills, answering yes/no questions. The HR person told me they couldn't answer most of my questions (ex. Department/team structure). A few days later they called to schedule an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and someone else from the department. The interview was short and I spent more time asking them questions than they spent asking me about my experience.

Interview Questions