BMO Financial Group Financial Services Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Financial Services Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at BMO Financial Group

2.6

Financial Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very quickly. I received a phone call the first Monday of my application timeline and proceeded with the phone screen. I was contacted later that day by the next recruiter to set up a video interview for later in the week. By the next Tuesday I was presented with a written offer.
Google the S.T.A.R principle for interview questions to systematically answer the recruiter's questions. Using the S.T.A.R principle efficiently answers the recruiters questions in an adequate time frame. This will help if you tend to ramble or give irrelevant information in your answer due to nerves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Do you have any past sales or financial experience?
    Where did you hear about this job?
    What are 3 skills you can bring to this role?
    What importance do you think proactivity plays in this role? (hint: stating proactivity as one of your skills pays off)
    Past sales experience questions some regarding meeting sales targets.
    Situation questions based on events that could happen if you were to be the successful candidate, ie: after 3 months in the role a client comes in to open a savings account... what indicators would you look for to improve the client's experience with BMO... what other products might you recommend during the meeting.
    Based on your answers, the recruiter might ask follow up questions. The process is very interactive and although there are formality questions the recruiter will ask, there is availability to elaborate on certain topics the recruiter may have found interesting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2007.

Interview

Resume/Cover Letter/Interview.
    Just as any interview. 3 steps: 2 over the phone with HR, 1:1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Financial Services Manager Interview

Interview

phone call 1st then two branch manager interviewed you at the same time. Madarin is a plus for certain arrears. depend on the work place and the different personalities of different managers

Interview Questions

• How would you face complain from a client   1 Answer

Financial Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2018.

Interview

the whole process was very smooth and professional, including one phone interview and one face to face interview, plus a meeting with the hiring manager, especially the face to face interview which took 1 whole hour and a lot of behavioral questions, situational questions, and roleplay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Internal Candidate former customer service rep

Had one meeting with 2 Branch Managers in the area, received offer day later. Honestly I think I had the job before the hiring process even started.

Financial Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview. About 3 role play questions and some basic questions like why do you choose BMO, what is your advantage, and what is your long term plan. 30 MN -1 HOUR.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call couples of days later booking an interview over the phone. 4 days later was asked to interview in person. I was told that they require you to stay at their learning centre from Sunday night to friday evening for 5 weeks for training. Still negotiating.

Interview Questions

• First, questions about my resume   Answer Question
    • Technical questions: whats manager expense ratio, whats the difference between term and amortization...   Answer Question
    • Role play: a csr makes you a referral how do you decide what to offer to client, if a client wants to make an investment what kind of questions would you ask...   Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Regina, SK (Canada)).

Interview

It was quite smooth, the recruiter had lots of behavioral questions. I asked her how soon they were looking to make a decision and she told me she could not give me a definite date. I don't know if that's good or bad...fingers crossed

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth and easy. The interviewers were nice and friendly. Phone interview and face to face interview. Hiring is done by centralized HR manager. Got my offer same day by email, official letter the next day. The manager was clear about salary and expectations on the role. Great place to work!

Interview Questions

• Why BMO?
      Questions about banking experience and how u met your targets. How you prioritize and handle stress   1 Answer

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

resume/cover letter including automatic filtering-phone interview(working status, salary expection, commute time, - formal interview (tell me about uyour self, strengths, weakness, sell a pen bra bra bra bra bra bra bra)