BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

applied through school career center website, on compus interview so that was nice but did not get an offer in the end so kinda disappointing. THey offer a freshman-sophomore program so that is really nice

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Emailed and spoke with director and MD. This process took around 10 days and was very informal. OVerall everyone was nice and respectful. Seemed like a good company to work for, I did not get an offer.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied for the personal banker job online at the BMO Harris career website. A week later I had an initial phone screening interview. Around a week later, I scheduled an on-site interview. Overall, it was a very typical banker interview. The interviewer was very nice and the questions were all cut and dry.

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and explained very detail about the position and company. The interview itself had behavioral and technical questions (related with financial valuation skills). The interview lasted around 30 mins.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency, and received an email inquiring about a phone interview a couple days later. Phone interview went well, and I was invited to meet in person with the Centralized Hiring Manager a couple of days later. Interview process was relatively seamless. The questions mainly focused on behavioural and past work experience.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

From start to finish the process was really long (approx. 3 months). I was told I was one of the top 2 selected for an in person interview. Finally, about a month after my in person interview and no responses from the recruiter or hiring manger, of which I followed up with regularly, the position status was updated as "position filled" on the career website. No automatic notification from the site and no email from the recruiter or hiring mgr. Call me oldest school but 3 months is long time to invest in for candidacy consideration. I deserved a follow up response.

Interview Questions

• If another business line did not agree with you finding or recommendation how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told about this role by a recruiter. I met with another Manager in the company as a round 1 interview. Extremely nice and down to earth lady and the conversation flowed nicely. You could tell she was a seasoned employee but she was very warm and welcoming. The interview went great and I was welcomed back for a 2nd round interview with a recently promoted "coordinator to manager". I went back to their office for a teleconference interview and she was almost half an hour late. I spent 30 minutes staring at an empty chair on the video. Once she arrived, I can tell she gave me the once over glance (via glance) and pretty much had her mind made up or had at least formed an opinion. We went though with the interview and I talked her through my resume. The interview last an hour so I took it as maybe me speaking about my background and experience might have given her a better indication about my qualifications. I left the interview feeling great and could picture myself working with her. She said next steps would be to meet with the Director, her manager (which would also be my manager), I sent my recruiter a follow up thank you note to review and to also ask for her email. My recruiter called later the next afternoon so say that unfortunately they would not be moving forward with my application. No realm reason, nothing. What she did say is that they were looking for someone with a bit more experience on "a certain skill set"....problem is, she and I never even discussed that skill set during our hour long conversation nor did she bring it up. It is on resume and had she decided to ask about it (since it was a decided factor) she would have brought it up. This tells me she had no interest in bringing me on either because she judged me based on my looks or she felt threatened by my qualifications. As mentioned she was newly promoted and probably didn't want anyone on the team that would outshine her. Too bad I didn't get to meet the actual director (since this person seems to be the gatekeeper). I'm sure the Director and I would've gotten along fine.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really ask anything thought provoking, just standard script.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

It required an initial phone interview followed by an interview by the hiring manager. The phone interview was more general in nature with a variety of questions pertaining to my past work experience. The one-on-one interview with the hiring manager took place at their downtown office. Questions were mostly behavioral and experience related questions. A few competency questions were sprinkled in but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• A range of behavioral and experience questions. A few competency questions related to general accounting.   1 Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after submitting my resume and had a phone interview scheduled with a recruiter in HR to go over my resume within a week of applying. The conversation was brief and I was informed that I would be contacted within the week for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I received an email a week later that I was not a good fit for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Three candidates all arrived at the same time and we were each placed into separate rooms. Then one on one interviews were done w/two bankers & the admin previously in this role. All very nice & easy to talk with. I was surprised with the on the spot spelling bee quiz and some brain teaser questions (ones that are typical for a banking analyst interview), was also asked what the current price of oil is....but that's an interview, expect the unexpected and take whatever they throw at you.

Interview Questions

• How do you spell:
      There
      Their
      They're

& define the meaning of each
      1 Answer