BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

674 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring process was fairly smooth. I applied online then was contacted by a recruiter. I had one onsite interview, then a few phone interviews. The whole thing was maybe 3 weeks max.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round on campus with analyst. Was invited to a dinner the same night and next day on campus super day with 2 VPs and 2 MDs. Got my offer 2 days later. I did a decent amount of networking with alumni at BMO.

Inside Sales Representative - Transportation Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They emailed me two days after I applied online. We set up a call where we went over my resume and why I wanted to work for BMO. She explained the role is for a sales track, not a finance career track.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? They said they are looking at 50K.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Round Lake, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview right afterwards. I went to the 1:1 interview where I met a bilingual supervisor and a blonde supervisor. They asked if there was any time in the next 3 month that I would have to be out and I told them that I was expecting so I would have to take some time off. And wow!! Did I get the most unprofessional reaction from the blonde woman. She legit told me that I would not get hired because I was pregnant!!! The nerve of this woman. I understand that it’s a bit inconvenient for the company and I understood that I would not get paid for my time off but to flat out say no because I was pregnant is unheard of and I think it’s also against the law.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone interview, then on-site interview. I applied online, and got the phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 min. 3 weeks later, I went to their Chicago office to take the on-site interview. I talked to two people, one for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Just go through the resume for both the phone and on-site interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2017.

Interview

Received email that they accepted my online application. Then 2 phone interviews were done, Afterwards there was a face to face interview. Then I was informed that there would be Security Check - back check as it is a Bank. From start to end in total it took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with than upset customer?   1 Answer

Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

applied through school career center website, on compus interview so that was nice but did not get an offer in the end so kinda disappointing. THey offer a freshman-sophomore program so that is really nice

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Emailed and spoke with director and MD. This process took around 10 days and was very informal. OVerall everyone was nice and respectful. Seemed like a good company to work for, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency, and received an email inquiring about a phone interview a couple days later. Phone interview went well, and I was invited to meet in person with the Centralized Hiring Manager a couple of days later. Interview process was relatively seamless. The questions mainly focused on behavioural and past work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you upsell?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing your past bosses would say you need to improve on?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied for the personal banker job online at the BMO Harris career website. A week later I had an initial phone screening interview. Around a week later, I scheduled an on-site interview. Overall, it was a very typical banker interview. The interviewer was very nice and the questions were all cut and dry.

Interview Questions

• What strategy do you use to attract new clients   1 Answer