BMO Financial Group Financial Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Financial Planner Interview Questions

2.9

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

You go through a phone screening/interview with recruiter. If you do well on the phone interview you will be invited for an in person interview with the hiring manager. If the hiring manager likes you, you will be invited for a second interview with a panel of people who work with the hiring manager. If that interview goes well you are invited for a third interview to interview with regional directors or other specialists within the organization.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Call from mgr; 1:1; telephone interview; online assessment; 1:1 with colleagues, branch mgr & district mgr.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life?   1 Answer

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by manager interview (sometimes 2 managers together).
    Usually another interview with a manager and a Sales Pro (personality test)

Go online and look for most common behavioural interview questions and answers, if you run through these you should be fine. I would suggest really reading the job posting and using the required skills in the language they use on that posting back at them when answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• all pretty much behavioural stuff.
      Greatest strength, biggest weakness. This depends on the experience of the manager.
      Usually "give me an example of a time when.... How did you ...."
      Answer Question

Financial Planner Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a telephone interview with a hiring company, then an interview with the Manager. Then a third interview with the Manager and their Boss. Interview was typical with the general questions. There was also a behavioral test done on the computer that you had to submit. I thought it was a thorough but manageable process.

Interview Questions

• The behavioural computer questions were odd but they usually are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my holidays

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2011.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter who set up phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Lots of behavioural type questions. Next a 1:1 at a branch with the Manager. Spent lots of time talking about winning and having the best sales team. Did a role play. Not really sure the interviewer had completely read my resume. Very focused on sales as opposed to financial planning. Interview lasted about an hour. Talked to a planner in the branch. He described it as almost a transaction processing type of position. Apparently it was a very well paying position. Interviewer informed me I did not have the sales background for the position. Interesting process and interview. The next day the recruiter called me back and told me my resume had been sent on to the private banking group. We will see how that goes. Seems like a good company to work for but they seem hesitant to accept candidates without a banking background.

Interview Questions

• Role play. You were successful in getting the position. You have noticed that a long time client has had $200,000 sitting in a savings account for quite awhile. The client has not been contacted in a long while. What would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions. Prove your book breakout and submit w-2's. Now with BMO in the loop, it is more professional than when M&I recruited. However, they used a retained service which did the initial interviews and negotiation... which was great!

Negotiation

I refused to negotiate. I told the recruiter to tell them to bring their strongest and best offer... and they did!

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was with a recruiting firm via telephone. A week later I had a one on one with the hiring manager at BMO.

Interview Questions

• What do you propose to do about the fact that you have no experience with BMO products starting with a high level position at BMO?   Answer Question