BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Associate, Customer Contact Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online via BMO profile. Was contacted two days later for the simulation assessment, which was a 30 minute contact centre test.
    After a long two weeks finally got an email to arrange a telephone interview. This was arranged for the next day. Two days later was invited for the face to face interview. The interviewer told me I'd be contacted within two days.... Took another two loooong weeks to be finally contacted with the "generic" email to say I was unsuccessful.... Only because I emailed them for an update which prompted a reply from them within an hour!!

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions.
      Role play
      Went through my resume with me.
      Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Really kind and receptive recruiters, helpful through the entire process. Applied online through website. Went through three rounds of phone interviews with primarily behavioral questions. They heavily emphasized the customer-centric/diverse culture. Be sure to emphasize abilities in helping people. The questions were not too difficult, but be sure to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Primarily Behavioural questions (Tell me about a time you had to work with a negative teammate, tell me about a time you had to do sales, why BMO, etc.)   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interviewing took about one hour because we were in a interview/ job fair setting. Each person was called by one of four BMO managers to interview. The difficulty was about average and straight forward with basic questions.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

it was a phone interview, about 10 mins, go through my resume. She asked some basic questions, my language skills since I am Chinese. I answered all the questions, but for the french, I didnt understand anything.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume online through their website you'll receive a telephone interview, you'll possibly meet with your potential branch manager.

Quite a thorough background check - followed up on all references.

Following the phone interview you'll be asked to interview at the office at Bay and Bloor - quite a relaxed environment. The interviewer goes through the role in detail, explains targets, etc.

After the in-person interview they'll (hopefully!) offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had to deal with a difficult situation at work;
      How comfortable are you with sales?;
      Are you comfortable with achieving sales targets?
      Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied thrpugh linked in and. I had an telephonic interview and before that i did an assessment test and then waited for 3 weeks got an email from hr and then the personal interview.

Later after 2 weeks i got an offer letter and was able to join with the normal background checks n criminal records. It is very easy but need patience.

FSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by Hr then Branch manager
    Very smooth process and it took around 2 weeks.
    Branch manager is nice and the overall interview experience is good. Talks about the role as FSM and how much you know about BmO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied part-time position via BMO Website. Within 2 days, I got a video interview and you should answer a lots of questions. After 3 months, BMO emailed me that I was not selected. But After 6 months, one HR contacted me for a phone interview. I completed the interview but I could not continue the steps since I had a long vacation.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone interview, then on-site interview. I applied online, and got the phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 min. 3 weeks later, I went to their Chicago office to take the on-site interview. I talked to two people, one for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Just go through the resume for both the phone and on-site interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied the job on the bmo career website, a week after i received the email which ask me to complete the digit interview. It was a video interview that you need to answer several questions by writing and another 3 questions by talking to camera. I didn't receive the following offer, however it was a great opportunity, practise more before the interview.