BMO Financial Group Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by manager interview (sometimes 2 managers together).
Usually another interview with a manager and a Sales Pro (personality test)

Go online and look for most common behavioural interview questions and answers, if you run through these you should be fine. I would suggest really reading the job posting and using the required skills in the language they use on that posting back at them when answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• all pretty much behavioural stuff.
    Greatest strength, biggest weakness. This depends on the experience of the manager.
    Usually "give me an example of a time when.... How did you ...."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Financial Planner Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a telephone interview with a hiring company, then an interview with the Manager. Then a third interview with the Manager and their Boss. Interview was typical with the general questions. There was also a behavioral test done on the computer that you had to submit. I thought it was a thorough but manageable process.

Interview Questions

• The behavioural computer questions were odd but they usually are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my holidays

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Call from mgr; 1:1; telephone interview; online assessment; 1:1 with colleagues, branch mgr & district mgr.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life?   1 Answer

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions. Prove your book breakout and submit w-2's. Now with BMO in the loop, it is more professional than when M&I recruited. However, they used a retained service which did the initial interviews and negotiation... which was great!

Negotiation

I refused to negotiate. I told the recruiter to tell them to bring their strongest and best offer... and they did!

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was with a recruiting firm via telephone. A week later I had a one on one with the hiring manager at BMO.

Interview Questions

• What do you propose to do about the fact that you have no experience with BMO products starting with a high level position at BMO?   Answer Question