BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

It required an initial phone interview followed by an interview by the hiring manager. The phone interview was more general in nature with a variety of questions pertaining to my past work experience. The one-on-one interview with the hiring manager took place at their downtown office. Questions were mostly behavioral and experience related questions. A few competency questions were sprinkled in but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• A range of behavioral and experience questions. A few competency questions related to general accounting.   1 Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after submitting my resume and had a phone interview scheduled with a recruiter in HR to go over my resume within a week of applying. The conversation was brief and I was informed that I would be contacted within the week for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I received an email a week later that I was not a good fit for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Three candidates all arrived at the same time and we were each placed into separate rooms. Then one on one interviews were done w/two bankers & the admin previously in this role. All very nice & easy to talk with. I was surprised with the on the spot spelling bee quiz and some brain teaser questions (ones that are typical for a banking analyst interview), was also asked what the current price of oil is....but that's an interview, expect the unexpected and take whatever they throw at you.

Interview Questions

• How do you spell:
      There
      Their
      They're

& define the meaning of each
      1 Answer
    • What is the current price of barrel of oil   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Naperville, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone interview with an HR rep. She was very nice and asked about my experience with specifics to the req and also about my leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• HR will be asking for salary requirements before you get to meet with the hiring manager.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very basic. Met a managing director and a few people in HR. They took me around the building and told me how they were put in the positions they are in. There is a lot of lateral movement in the company.

Interview Questions

• They were mainly behavioral questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Applied on BMO careers website, they emailed me to do digital interview three days later. some multiple choices and 3 behavioural questions.it's not a difficult interview but you need to do some preparation and need to share your previous sales experience. I don't do it well bc i was nervous so not receive the offer.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone followed by an interview with two managers separately. All three individuals were factual, focused, professional and provided a relaxed, conversational environment. Questions were not all scripted and included questions that corresponded to the day-to-day work place.

Interview Questions

• The use of underwriting guidelines.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Questions were based on categories, and explaining how an experience you had related to the category. Interviewed with an HR rep, then a manager if job requirements were met within a one week period. After manager indicated an interest, sent me to be interviewed by members of his team. Whenthe team members approved, HR rep discussed offer. Overall process took 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Share how your experience would meet the demands and requirements of this position.   1 Answer

Process took too long. Offer was significantly below what the market was paying for the position.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

We talked about the culture within the Legal, Corporate, and Compliance group more than anything and was asked very basic questions. I'm almost positive I got the job because I want to go to law school and was treating the position as an internship during undergrad because they literally asked me nothing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied online, and soon after received an email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview happened two days later was a set of background and behavioral/situational question. The woman I interviewed with was very polite and warm. I received another call inviting me for a final interview in person in the state I applied in.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle and employee who was difficult to work with?

Describe a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer? How did you solve their issue?
      Answer Question