BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.8

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and explained very detail about the position and company. The interview itself had behavioral and technical questions (related with financial valuation skills). The interview lasted around 30 mins.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with an analyst and one with a director. They flew me out for a superday consisting of four interviews. There were half technical questions and half fit.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

From start to finish the process was really long (approx. 3 months). I was told I was one of the top 2 selected for an in person interview. Finally, about a month after my in person interview and no responses from the recruiter or hiring manger, of which I followed up with regularly, the position status was updated as "position filled" on the career website. No automatic notification from the site and no email from the recruiter or hiring mgr. Call me oldest school but 3 months is long time to invest in for candidacy consideration. I deserved a follow up response.

Interview Questions

• If another business line did not agree with you finding or recommendation how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told about this role by a recruiter. I met with another Manager in the company as a round 1 interview. Extremely nice and down to earth lady and the conversation flowed nicely. You could tell she was a seasoned employee but she was very warm and welcoming. The interview went great and I was welcomed back for a 2nd round interview with a recently promoted "coordinator to manager". I went back to their office for a teleconference interview and she was almost half an hour late. I spent 30 minutes staring at an empty chair on the video. Once she arrived, I can tell she gave me the once over glance (via glance) and pretty much had her mind made up or had at least formed an opinion. We went though with the interview and I talked her through my resume. The interview last an hour so I took it as maybe me speaking about my background and experience might have given her a better indication about my qualifications. I left the interview feeling great and could picture myself working with her. She said next steps would be to meet with the Director, her manager (which would also be my manager), I sent my recruiter a follow up thank you note to review and to also ask for her email. My recruiter called later the next afternoon so say that unfortunately they would not be moving forward with my application. No realm reason, nothing. What she did say is that they were looking for someone with a bit more experience on "a certain skill set"....problem is, she and I never even discussed that skill set during our hour long conversation nor did she bring it up. It is on resume and had she decided to ask about it (since it was a decided factor) she would have brought it up. This tells me she had no interest in bringing me on either because she judged me based on my looks or she felt threatened by my qualifications. As mentioned she was newly promoted and probably didn't want anyone on the team that would outshine her. Too bad I didn't get to meet the actual director (since this person seems to be the gatekeeper). I'm sure the Director and I would've gotten along fine.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really ask anything thought provoking, just standard script.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interviewing took about one hour because we were in a interview/ job fair setting. Each person was called by one of four BMO managers to interview. The difficulty was about average and straight forward with basic questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

It required an initial phone interview followed by an interview by the hiring manager. The phone interview was more general in nature with a variety of questions pertaining to my past work experience. The one-on-one interview with the hiring manager took place at their downtown office. Questions were mostly behavioral and experience related questions. A few competency questions were sprinkled in but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• A range of behavioral and experience questions. A few competency questions related to general accounting.   1 Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after submitting my resume and had a phone interview scheduled with a recruiter in HR to go over my resume within a week of applying. The conversation was brief and I was informed that I would be contacted within the week for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I received an email a week later that I was not a good fit for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Three candidates all arrived at the same time and we were each placed into separate rooms. Then one on one interviews were done w/two bankers & the admin previously in this role. All very nice & easy to talk with. I was surprised with the on the spot spelling bee quiz and some brain teaser questions (ones that are typical for a banking analyst interview), was also asked what the current price of oil is....but that's an interview, expect the unexpected and take whatever they throw at you.

Interview Questions

• How do you spell:
      There
      Their
      They're

& define the meaning of each   1 Answer
    • What is the current price of barrel of oil   1 Answer

Statistical Modeler Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2016.

Interview

I applied the job through my university's platform. It is a first round phone interview. The interview process was fairly smooth. Asked examples demonstrating your communication skills, organization skills and teamwork skills. Asked to rate your technical skills like Excel, C++, SQL, MATLAB.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Naperville, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone interview with an HR rep. She was very nice and asked about my experience with specifics to the req and also about my leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• HR will be asking for salary requirements before you get to meet with the hiring manager.   1 Answer