BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very basic. Met a managing director and a few people in HR. They took me around the building and told me how they were put in the positions they are in. There is a lot of lateral movement in the company.

Interview Questions

• They were mainly behavioral questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Applied on BMO careers website, they emailed me to do digital interview three days later. some multiple choices and 3 behavioural questions.it's not a difficult interview but you need to do some preparation and need to share your previous sales experience. I don't do it well bc i was nervous so not receive the offer.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone followed by an interview with two managers separately. All three individuals were factual, focused, professional and provided a relaxed, conversational environment. Questions were not all scripted and included questions that corresponded to the day-to-day work place.

Interview Questions

• The use of underwriting guidelines.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Questions were based on categories, and explaining how an experience you had related to the category. Interviewed with an HR rep, then a manager if job requirements were met within a one week period. After manager indicated an interest, sent me to be interviewed by members of his team. Whenthe team members approved, HR rep discussed offer. Overall process took 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Share how your experience would meet the demands and requirements of this position.   1 Answer

Process took too long. Offer was significantly below what the market was paying for the position.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

We talked about the culture within the Legal, Corporate, and Compliance group more than anything and was asked very basic questions. I'm almost positive I got the job because I want to go to law school and was treating the position as an internship during undergrad because they literally asked me nothing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied online, and soon after received an email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview happened two days later was a set of background and behavioral/situational question. The woman I interviewed with was very polite and warm. I received another call inviting me for a final interview in person in the state I applied in.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle and employee who was difficult to work with?

Describe a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer? How did you solve their issue?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Short, one interview before I was offered the position. The interview itself was about an hour long and consisted of the person I interviewed with talking about the position and really explaining the day to day operations. Was asked about how I felt doing the work that I was going to be doing and did a lot of explaining about why I wanted the position. Was more of a get to know the person type interview as opposed to a skill set type.

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was scheduled with the broker-dealer and investment advisory group, in separate group interviews on the same day. The group is comprised largely of trust and estate planning attorneys, as opposed to attorneys who represent B-Ds and RIAs. All of the attorneys with whom I interviewed were very competent, pleasant and seemed to enjoy working at BMO Financial Group. The interviews were short and succinct. Although the contact person indicated that BMO would contact me within the next few weeks to discuss employment, several weeks passed with no contact. During that period of time, the contact person never responded to e-mails or voice mails to confirm whether a decision had or had not been made. I ultimately learned from another employee that the position already had been filled, with a lateral who worked with other attorneys at a different group.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Trusts and Estates?   1 Answer

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Crappy, too many interviews, they don't tell you about the job. They ask unrelated questions and try to intimidate you. I have never been with such unprofessional people in my life and I would never want to work there. They women who interviewed me stunk really bad and I almost threw up!.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer somewhere else and all the employees I talked to told me how crappy it is to work there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Greenwood, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview asking all Behavior Questions 30 mins
    -interview face to face with Assistance and Branch Manager <--didn't gwt hire but manager call back to refer me to different branch around the corner due to impressive interview.
    -Interview with 2 location with Teller Manager and Assistant Manager
    -Interview with branch Manager
    -get a call from HR department and discuss offer
    -Hired!

Interview Questions

• How did you satisfied a customer?
      How did you handle contructive feedback or criticism?
      Describe a time that you were able to make a significant contributions to team effort,goal or objective?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure sell you to them!Tell them you are a positive person,go getter and so on