BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Greenwood, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview asking all Behavior Questions 30 mins
    -interview face to face with Assistance and Branch Manager <--didn't gwt hire but manager call back to refer me to different branch around the corner due to impressive interview.
    -Interview with 2 location with Teller Manager and Assistant Manager
    -Interview with branch Manager
    -get a call from HR department and discuss offer
    -Hired!

Interview Questions

• How did you satisfied a customer?
      How did you handle contructive feedback or criticism?
      Describe a time that you were able to make a significant contributions to team effort,goal or objective?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure sell you to them!Tell them you are a positive person,go getter and so on

Contact Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process has many stages. It first started with a digital camera interview. The Digit interview is through a webcam and you had to answer the questions and record in 30 seconds. You will get 4 -5 questions. Then BMO will follow up with an online assessment and then a phone interview. The online assessment will ask you to watch a video and you will be a live agent and you have to answer the questions on how to find the answer for the customer. Also their is behavior questions and you will require to answer customer service questions. Their will be some math questions. Some of the math questions are very tricky. The phone interview will take about 10-15 minutes. The last stage will be the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• what do you do to contribute to a team success?   1 Answer
    • Please let us know the overall experience of this interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2015.

Interview

3 Rounds of Interviews. Generally asked behavioral questions with a few technical questions. Were curious as to why I was interested in securing an internship as BMO specifically. Interviewers were all very nice

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

The interview consisted of more zon behaviourial questions. the interviewers were quite friendly but you should know what you are talkinga as u have to quote examples from your past work experience. Otherwise the interviewing people were quite friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the priorities changed suddenly   1 Answer

Senior Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Brookfield, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Most awkward interview I ever had. Two managers sat down with me and looked at me as if I were supposed to be conducting the meeting. They asked me one question and then kept making faces at each other while taking turns just blabbering on about themselves. They should have done a better phone screen before this group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an over the phone interview with a recruiter and an in person interview with one senior manager. I was offered the position within a day or two of my interview. After brief salary negotiations, I accepted the position and started a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current employer   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of really good interviews with really good feedback with different people in the organization and got scheduled for a final conversation with the head of the department. Great news!

The day before that last interview I got an email from the recruiting team asking if I was able to reschedule and I said that it would be very difficult given my schedule but that Fridays usually work best because those are the days I am usually in Chicago. A day later they reply saying that if I preferred to have phone call at 830am on Friday instead of an in-person meeting and I agreed. I never heard back from the recruiter confirming whether or not I was having a phone call for that last interview and to my surprise my cellphone rang a few minutes after 830am. I hesitated for a little bit because I barely respond to phone calls from number I don't recognize but I thought "this" could actually be "that" call. And it was!. No biggie.

The call went well but towards the end of it I started getting questions around a very specific skill that, and I quote, was "key to get hired for this position" but surprisingly was nowhere to be found in the job description (3 page-MS Word document) that I got from the recruiting team and that I was never asked before through out the entire process, neither the recruiting team nor the people I interviewed with.

How comes that such a key skill was not mentioned before?

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interviewers and received call within a week. worked well in a fast paced interview as both manager and senior branch manager joined in to expedite interview. questions pertained to how quantitative my past has been and what roles I have played in servicing customers.

Interview Questions

• What would I like most about the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none. $9 hr was the best that Mr. Jones said he could offer me. And I accepted.

Vendor Manager - Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Took 6 months, no contact from HR or emails
    The Manager asked odd questions
    She did not explain anything about the position except talk about herself
    There was no knowledge of what the job would entail or the hours or pay

Interview Questions

• If you could be any ingredient in a big mac, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Process covered two sessions, one of which was 1-2 hours with the group manager. A second half-day session involved 30-45 minute interviews with several functional group leaders, as well as with several mid-level employees in the group.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very standard, regarding background in the industry and specific skills (such as familiarity with specific software). Not a stressful interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward. Compensation offer was generous, appropriate for an established, profitable group within a larger bank organization. No real negotiation was required.