BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Began with a phone interview and quickly followed by an invite for the first in-person conversation. Second interview involved meeting with multiple teams of people. Final interview was directly with a senior manager to whom I would report. All very positive, warm, and genuine people.

Interview Questions

• Why this particular position with my particular credentials.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Compiance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was given a phone interview. They asked very generic questions. I was not called in for an in person interview. HR Called me the next day after the phone interview and I was presented with an offer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very short timeline as I had an offer expiring from a competitor bank and I stressed a quick turnaround or I would be taking the other offer. I was referred by an employee which must've helped tremendously in the timeliness.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked what I knew about the requirements of the job and federal regulations. Spent most of the time walking through my background and related experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked in the interview what I was currently making and expectations. I was coming from a demanding position that paid well so I would've been happy to slide horizontally but I of course suggested a slight increase. I truthfully told my past salary as I didn't want to deter them from "not being able to afford me". I was offered above my current salary which made an easy acceptance of their offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Interview

Replied to post and was contacted by HR in Toronto through email to set up face to face interview with the hiring team

Business Technology and Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

1 telephone interview with the recruiter

Interview Questions

• Give examples where you demonstrated loyalty, team work, leadership skills , volunteer work   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

HR doesn't know the positions they are hiring for. Getting past them is mostly listening to what they want to hear. Once you passed the HR screening process they had knowledgeable hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• How Would you expand business.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen(s), in person x 3. Inefficient, employees seemed to lack enthusiasm. Interviewed with Senior Manager in Milwaukee, not impressed. Spent time in hiring Managers office, then went to the dated cafeteria for coffee. Total time on site was 3 hours. Glad to get to the parking lot.

Compliance Specialist Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with my future manager. During the second interview I met some colleagues and my manager's boss. The interview included mostly behavioral questions and some basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. It is pretty much the standard nonsense you're asked at any interview in this industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples working with lines of business on compliance issues.   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Very quick but I had an excellent insider recommendation that carried immense clout. As such, the process was definitely expedited. Phone, then in-person committee interview, offer within a day, background check. I was satisfied with the process. Very satisfied in fact. Extremely satisfied. Elatedly satisfied. You could say I was satisfied in less than 50 words but I'm required to pad my response for the filter.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate. Cited an industry average that I justified. Actually an educated guess. We agreed on amount slightly over 50% of the difference between initial offer and my counter within a day or so.