BMO Financial Group Investment Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Investment Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at BMO Financial Group

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruited by HR in Toronto after submitting an application through Joboom. 3 phone interviews and then 1 face to face with the branch manager .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation they research my previous position and knew what the range was

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2008.

Interview

Wasn't very thorough as the position is one that you make yourself. It does seem like they throw anyone in and see what sticks. This is a job where you alone make your success and many fail. There was an initial meeting with the branch manager and then a meeting with the recruitment manager.

Interview Questions

• A business plan on how to develop the business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, it's a standard contract of 18 months.

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. Completed on-line Salespro Assessment. Followed up after a few weeks and told the hiring manager wanted to meet and I did quite well on the assessment. Waited a few more weeks and followed up again and told the position was filled. Disappointed I was told I would be contacted for an interview and then not told the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my work experience and willingness to complete additional courses.   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Meet with branch manager, then lots of paperwork. Slow with processing reg and licenses but good reasonable process. Expected questions of background and experience sales focus is best. Little finance or investment knowledge actually required. Some is, but success doesn't seem to be correlated to knowledge or ability with finance in the short to mid term it's all sales.

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

There were three interviews with HR personnel, the District Manager, and the Branch Manager. The interviews largely focussed on your prior sales and marketing abilities to assess your capability to be successful in a career that is 100 percent commission based.
    I would recommend for anyone applying for a position as a rookie trainee that they develop a script prior to the interview with ideas of how they plan to prospect and develop a book of clients or a business plan.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your business development skills and experience?   Answer Question