BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with an analyst and one with a director. They flew me out for a superday consisting of four interviews. There were half technical questions and half fit.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Emailed and spoke with director and MD. This process took around 10 days and was very informal. OVerall everyone was nice and respectful. Seemed like a good company to work for, I did not get an offer.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Campus recruiting; went through first round and proceeded to second round (with a pre-interview reception).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were constantly busy and stressed   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round on campus with analyst. Was invited to a dinner the same night and next day on campus super day with 2 VPs and 2 MDs. Got my offer 2 days later. I did a decent amount of networking with alumni at BMO.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told about this role by a recruiter. I met with another Manager in the company as a round 1 interview. Extremely nice and down to earth lady and the conversation flowed nicely. You could tell she was a seasoned employee but she was very warm and welcoming. The interview went great and I was welcomed back for a 2nd round interview with a recently promoted "coordinator to manager". I went back to their office for a teleconference interview and she was almost half an hour late. I spent 30 minutes staring at an empty chair on the video. Once she arrived, I can tell she gave me the once over glance (via glance) and pretty much had her mind made up or had at least formed an opinion. We went though with the interview and I talked her through my resume. The interview last an hour so I took it as maybe me speaking about my background and experience might have given her a better indication about my qualifications. I left the interview feeling great and could picture myself working with her. She said next steps would be to meet with the Director, her manager (which would also be my manager), I sent my recruiter a follow up thank you note to review and to also ask for her email. My recruiter called later the next afternoon so say that unfortunately they would not be moving forward with my application. No realm reason, nothing. What she did say is that they were looking for someone with a bit more experience on "a certain skill set"....problem is, she and I never even discussed that skill set during our hour long conversation nor did she bring it up. It is on resume and had she decided to ask about it (since it was a decided factor) she would have brought it up. This tells me she had no interest in bringing me on either because she judged me based on my looks or she felt threatened by my qualifications. As mentioned she was newly promoted and probably didn't want anyone on the team that would outshine her. Too bad I didn't get to meet the actual director (since this person seems to be the gatekeeper). I'm sure the Director and I would've gotten along fine.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really ask anything thought provoking, just standard script.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Initially I received an E-mail from one of the Vice Presidents. Later on I spoke with Human Resources twice, once to set up an interview over the phone, and then again for the actual interview with her. The in depth interview on the telephone with HR lasted about 20-30 minutes. Finally, there was an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe a point in time when you needed to work as a team or act as a leader in order to overcome some sort of difficult task.   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview took a week to get i had to wait until then and once i recieved the call i talked to the recruiter who asked basic interview questions.