BMO Financial Group Senior Applications Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Senior Applications Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at BMO Financial Group

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2011.

Interview

I applied through the BMO website and HR recruiter contacted me for a phone Interview that last around 1 hr. I was asked when I could attend in person for an interview as I was out of the country. I told them that I will need a month to attend to the interview and they call me three weeks after to schedule the interview. I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager and a Tech Lead with technical questions about my previous experience. Next week I received a phone call from HR with the Offer and date to sign a contract. Once the contract is signed they will start a background check.

Interview Questions

• one of the question the HR asked me was: Tell me a time when someone was facing an issue and you provide a different approach. What was the issue? what did you recomend? and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negociation allowed.

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

Interview

There are only 2 Rounds of interview. Apply via a referral. Meet with the hiring manager and the Team lead.
    Very typical CS question and talked about the past project.

Negotiation

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Just explained some projects from the past. This is business department so not much of technical interview. And no HR involved as it is contract role. They only needed someone for 6 months to finish project and leave after.They are more interested to spend money on "strategy" exploration.

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied on the BMO career website in February and after three weeks. I got an email for scheduling a phone screening.
    The phone interview was weird. Just ask are you seeking a job, and do you want to get an on-site interview? That's it. It took 1minute.
    At the on-site interview, an interviewer is a lead senior developer, and he asks several technical questions and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Oracle: What is a cursor, trigger, identification in the Oracle? What is Normalization?   Answer Question
    • Java: What is your java level (1 to 10)? What is J2EE Container? Do you have an experience of multithreading?   Answer Question
    • Other Technical question: What is your Linux level (1 to 10)?, What is ETL? Do you have an experience of Websphere?   Answer Question
    • What is your big achievement? How do you think about failure?   Answer Question