BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I am in Vancouver and I have received the phone interview from Toronto. The interviewer is really nice, her pronunciation is really clear and the speaking speed is slow. Because English is the second language for me, it is really nice. However, it is about two weeks from the phone interview and I haven't received any news from them.

Interview Questions

• The experience of upselling
      teamwork
      how to deal with constructive feedback
      a big achievement in career
      how to deal with upset customers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in early September. Got a phone interview in mid-October, and a on-site interview one week after. Thought it would be a NO from them, but heard back in mid-Dec.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to join BMO?
      2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

FSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

apply online, 15 mins phone interview, 45 mins phone interview and 1 hour office interview. apply online, 15 mins phone interview, 45 mins phone interview and 1 hour office interview

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a week received an email from hiring specialist at AON requesting for a telephone interview. It was conducted in the morning for about 25 minutes and mentioned will forward my information to hiring manager and I would be contacted if shortlisted. Received a phone call from the hiring manager in the afternoon to schedule a face-to-face interview. This interview took about an hour. For BC & Yukon Region, this role is hired by centralized hiring manager. And he or she will represent branch managers to conduct the interviews. Usually that is the person who will make decision for final hiring. Followed up the conversation one week after and received a positive email indicating they are looking for a branch that I would be a good fit in. Wait for another week and received a call to schedule a time to meet again for 20 minutes. It was the final interview and if you are in that stage pretty much you are still competing with another candidate and they want to find the right one by asking you more questions that they didn't got the chance to ask during the last interview. Mentioned by the hiring manager that would contact me by the end of the week to let me know about final decision but got a phone call 2 hours after and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behaviour questions. Situational questions that put you in the shoes of Financial Services Manager. Lots of questions related to sales. General questions about your employment performance and your skills.
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What are challenges in your current role?
      3. What is a successful day in this position looks like to you?
      4. Tell me when a time that you found out there might be a right product that is suitable for the client but the client didn't realize it. How did you persuade the person?
      5. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      6. Why are you leaving your current company?
      7. Why BMO?
      8. Did you get CSC/IFIC?
      9. Tell me when a time you proactively started a conversation with client and demonstrated your sales skills.
      10. What will you do in a meeting with client if you are a Financial Services Manager?
      11. How did you handle objections from clients?
      12. Did your manager observe your behaviour when you talked to client? What was her/ his feedback? Was it helpful? Did you take it? How did you implement what you have learned?
      13. What is your career plan for next 10 years?
      And lots of other questions...forgive me I cannot remember them all... But trust me you will be asked lots of questions and they will throw you more questions if your answer has something they are interested in...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

i meet the branch manager and have an informal interview. She basically covered around 15 questions, among which are mostly basic questions. behavior question, and sales experience.
    How to enlarge your sales market, and how to deal with angry customer

Interview Questions

• 1. introduce yourself. 2. how do you handle pressure. 3 sales experience   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. Completed on-line Salespro Assessment. Followed up after a few weeks and told the hiring manager wanted to meet and I did quite well on the assessment. Waited a few more weeks and followed up again and told the position was filled. Disappointed I was told I would be contacted for an interview and then not told the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my work experience and willingness to complete additional courses.   Answer Question

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by manager interview (sometimes 2 managers together).
    Usually another interview with a manager and a Sales Pro (personality test)

Go online and look for most common behavioural interview questions and answers, if you run through these you should be fine. I would suggest really reading the job posting and using the required skills in the language they use on that posting back at them when answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• all pretty much behavioural stuff.
      Greatest strength, biggest weakness. This depends on the experience of the manager.
      Usually "give me an example of a time when.... How did you ...."

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simply and smooth process, referred by current employee, received phone interview request one week later, and informed immediately after the phone interview, and scheduled a HR face to face interview. Get the job offer one week after the f2f interview. Most of the questions were sales related questions. Some question overlap btw two interviews, better prepare more examples for the behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiaion

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

They call you first the call is from HR, ask you some basic questions for 15 min, then you get called in to meet the branch manager. about 1 hr interview, then you'll call you if you're successful and offer you the job and you go in to sign a letter.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was thirty minutes with a recruiter, and two days later I had one on one interview with a hiring specialist. The whole process took about a week. Be prepared for behavioural questions! That will help you do great interview and land on the job. Show your eagerness to the HR and maybe a nice people-touch by bring him/her a thank-you note will definitely help build up your personal presentation.

Interview Questions

• - How would you handle a situation where client is extremely upset and saying s/he is going to close all BMO accounts?

- Lots of behavioural questions: in a situation, what would you do?