BMO Harris Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.6

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by 4 different 30 minute interviews at the Chicago office. The interviews were with a first year analyst, a mid level manager, a technology manager, and a higher level manager with a tech background. All four interviews were mostly behavioral, with the exception of the manager with the tech background choosing random areas of expertise on your resume and asking questions. After completing my interview the recruiter said that I would hear back from them within a week about their decisions but I was never contacted again despite a direct email that I sent to the recruiter trying to get some information.

Interview Questions

• What is the /dev directory in UNIX for?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who later scheduled a phone interview for me. The phone interview was fairly easy. I was mainly asked about availability, location preference, etc.. I received another call to schedule an in-person interview, which was also fairly easy. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• what are you strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zionsville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Zionsville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Called in for an interview after applying, and went well. The position I was applying for was helpful for selecting a career I would like to go into, thus the job was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview with two different individuals. Both interviews were a combination of describing past experience and explaining how you would act in the role, reviewing your resume and asking questions

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through how you would open an account for a customer"   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Talent acquisition from out of state connects via e-mail for a phone call (three different connections from three different states, none located in the actual location where I would work) over the span of six months etc.

Interview Questions

• They are extremely interested in speaking with me based on my resume, linkedin etc.   1 Answer
    • We are eager to speak with you, please give us time options at your earliest convenience?   1 Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Brookfield, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was the topical interview. The man I interview with was very cool and maybe me feel really comfortable. One of the best interviews I ever had. I didn't hear anything back yet but wishing myself good luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the portfolio account?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Naperville, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, did a video interview, and then an in person interview. During the in person interview, there were two interviewers. They were rather rude. One kept making snarky remarks about my client's budget. The other ridiculed me for having a 6 month contract, despite it being completed successfully per client requirements. Some projects just aren't year long projects. Seriously, if me having a 6 month project bothered you so much, why did you bring me in for an interview? It's on the resume! I'm a senior Project Manager with excellent references. I've been brought back by two of my banking clients during my career and could go back again!

Another thing that bothered me was I never even got a chance to introduce myself and talk about my background. I barely got to say hello! They started with a case study and then started attacking my background. They missed a good candidate because of their hostile approach.

Interview Questions

• Why did you only work 1 year at this client and 6 months at the other client?   1 Answer

RRB Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Current employee notified me about the position. From that point, the online application was completed. I was contacted by the branch manager who scheduled an in person interview. It was a relatively typical interview and questions. Once complete, interview informed me that I'd be contacted in the near future. She called me to schedule a second interview where they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to deep. Typical interview questions trying to understand how you respond to stress and how you approach new situations   Answer Question

Retail Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

I went in for two in person interviews. Very straightforward. I was just asked to talk about my previous experience with an emphasis on customer service. It was very conversational and they were not trying to trick me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received poor customer service?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process with market manager was fast and smooth. After that I received an offer without meeting the branch manager. I requested to meet with the manager before accepting. Hiring process was smooth it took approx two weeks.