BMO Harris Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Peronal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a quick interview with great promise. The interview consisted of mock phone conversations and a typing test. Once hired we had a two week training course. In conclusion I was truly excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on moving up in this business.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Very slow process. It took four months to make a decision. A lot of layers of approvals. Human Resources was not able to verify past employment history and candidate had to provide documentation for all prior jobs.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by 4 different 30 minute interviews at the Chicago office. The interviews were with a first year analyst, a mid level manager, a technology manager, and a higher level manager with a tech background. All four interviews were mostly behavioral, with the exception of the manager with the tech background choosing random areas of expertise on your resume and asking questions. After completing my interview the recruiter said that I would hear back from them within a week about their decisions but I was never contacted again despite a direct email that I sent to the recruiter trying to get some information.

Interview Questions

• What is the /dev directory in UNIX for?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank in July 2014.

Interview

She had a set of questions she just read off. She didn't really listen to me because I'd provide information and she'd ask me a question like I hadn't given her the information. Happened twice. Was she too busy? Then, she didn't give me a chance to ask questions. Bad interviewer.

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was long, about 2 months and I met with most of the Team members. However there is a firm wide tendency to exaggerate the autonomy being provided.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Initial phone call, then took a while for them to get back to me for an in person interview. Interviewer was friendly and nice and wanted me to know what I was getting myself into. Was able to ask alot of questions and find out more about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and typical interview behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The manager said she didn't have time to look at my resume and she asked me to go over it. She didn't like my bachelor degree and laughed at my face. My bachelor's degree is Chemical Engineering and it is actually nothing to be ashamed of. She didn't care about my master's degree in Finance and she basically shut me off. I applied through agency and feedback was totally stupid as I mentioned before she didn't like my back ground. Nothing much happened at the interview. Nothing special. Make sure you know Access.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Met BMO at a career fair, had one phone conversation with a recruiter, and one phone conversation with the hiring manager. Overall, relatively easy process and pretty relaxed. Recruiter was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Give one instance where you received constructive criticism and acted upon it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, rate your Excel Skills and why   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter who e-mailed me a job posting. I then completed a phone interview. I wanted to work for this company, but it simply wasn't meant to be. It was also one of those positions you cannot find online anywhere, which was sort of suspicious.

Service Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Madison, WI).

Interview

You first meet with HR then the Branch Manager if you make it through the first set of interviews. Not a difficult interview. Be prepared for lots of questions, especially on your customer service background.