BMO Harris Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter was the first round interview. Then I interviewed with branch manager and met the branch staff. Next round was with the regional manager. Interviews were the typical reviewing my resume and highlight a few qualifications.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Interview

Met BMO at a career fair, had one phone conversation with a recruiter, and one phone conversation with the hiring manager. Overall, relatively easy process and pretty relaxed. Recruiter was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Give one instance where you received constructive criticism and acted upon it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, rate your Excel Skills and why   Answer Question

Quantitative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a managing director. The interview was very short and to the point. There was no time for me to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BMO? What is it about BMO's culture that attracts you?   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had to meet with the direct sales manager and upper-level management. BMO Harris Bank required background check and fingerprints. I believe a credit report is also run. Onboarding process was long, some technical issues.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to past commission and sales info.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took over 5 weeks. gave phone interview, called for face to face interview. Interview went well. Still waiting to hear from them. They are very slow in responding. I have sent two followup emails but havent heard back

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Skipped recruiter process for the most part. Interviewed with manager. Straight forward questions be engaged ask questions. Express your abilities knowledge and interest. If you don't show the willingness to learn and pursue in the interview then you have already lost

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were successful and a time you were not   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The people who interviewed me were all very down to earth and nice. They were easy to talk to and fun to be around. I didn't accept my offer because the money that they offered me for a full-time role was less than I made as an intern somewhere else. I loved them, but I honestly thought they made a mistake on the figure in my offer.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It's not that hard. You just need to know your stuff very well. But it's really about the connection, who you know. The questions are simple not too difficult. Just explain the situation and solutions.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Port Washington, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Typical behavioral "Give me an example of a time when blah blah happened with a customer/supervisor/co-worker, and what did you do in that situation"
    They could probably do a better job of asking about your life outside of work but they are probably too worried they are going to break a rule or something

Interview Questions

• They did ask what I thought were my strengths/weaknesses. They also had vague answers about employee turnover, although I actually do not think they were trying to hide anything, they just did not have concrete answers. Have not heard bck from them yet, but it was only 3 days ago.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMO Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked to walk through a project business case and explain how I would handle the situation. There were 2 interviewers asking questions. It was a after hours holiday weekend interview.