BMW Group UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMW Group UK Interview Questions

Interviews at BMW Group UK

2.9

Engineering Apprentice Interview

Interview

SHL tests, SHL mechanical manual test, competency interview, group activity to build a world recognized monument out of paper and few other materials. The interview questions were many and the context was the usual context for such interviews. You need to build the SHL manual structure in time, which is very difficult. They grade your work even if incomplete so you need to make sure to leave it as complete as you can and not restart building it just before time expires.

LogisticsAt BMW UK Head Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online Aptitude Tests: Logical reasoning and numeracy
    Phone Interview: Pretty standard interview questions eg. where do you see yourself in 10 years
    Assesment centre: Consisted of 3 face to face interviews all asking standard question again eg. name a time when..... Short presentation which i did not know the subject of until the day. Given 10 mins to prepare then a 2 min presentation. Final group activity, very standard build a well known building out of a set of materials.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK in June 2015.

Interview

Was required to fill out an online form, but was told that it would not be read unless I passed an online maths test. Tests are pretty straight forward. Was then given a telephone interview with HR representative, who was clearly taking notes to pass them on to someone else to review. This probably means that you are at their mercy to accurately and fully note what you say.

The phone interview was essentially a repetition of 'competency' questions asked on the original application form. Zero questions related to engineering understanding or knowledge/passion for BMW brand. Interviewer was unable to answer questions about the job.

HR were uphelpful and unprofessional throughout, taking 9 weeks to arrange the assessment center after the phone interview. I was originally told this would take a week. I think this was more an issue with the hiring managers failing to review applications with any urgency, but HR completely failed to keep applicants informed throughout the process.

Finally, the rejection email offered feedback upon request. The feedback I eventually received was painfully and embarrassingly generic- 'there were stronger candidates'.

In summary, I would not recommend investing too much into the process, because BMW certainly don't.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who wasn't contributing to a team?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application - Including several question in why you are applying.
    Online Test - Numerical and verbal reasoning
    Telephone Interview which was casual with typical questions of what do you know about BMW and why are you applying.
    Assessment centre - Gives you an introduction to the role from a current intern, group activity (not hard) just work as a team and involve others.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BMW?   1 Answer

Empleado Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)).

Interview

Buena te hacen presentar una expocion de un tema de la empresa todo en inglés te preguntan cuanto aspiras a ganar y te hacen demostrar cuanto sabes de ese ramo

Advanced Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Group UK (San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)).

Interview

En general nada bien, me entrevistaron 5 personas, un director, tres gerentes y alguien de recursos humanos. Me solicitaron que hiciera una presentación para resolver un caso práctico de planeación de proyecto de una línea de producción, después de esto sólo se enfocaron las preguntas en porqué quería dejar mi empresa actual.

Interview Questions

• Que aportarías tu a la empresa?   1 Answer