BMW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Launch Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were very easy going. Interviewer was very informative and laid back. Very easy to talk to and answer questions. Would be an Awesome place to work.

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW in February 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my college event and he invited me for an interview that very evening. It was a 20 minute interview where I had to solve 3 problems on paper. The experience was positive. But it was not enough time to solve the three hard problems. But the recruiter said he was focusing more on the thought-process.

Interview Questions

• Return all permutations of the letters in a string.   Answer Question
    • Given a pentagon(5 points), tell whether a given point is outside of it (point is a struct with x and y values)   Answer Question
    • Given an binary number with all except one zeroes, find the position of 1.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the product team head was present on the call along with a current project management team intern and I was asked about agile and scrum processes in general

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I Went through a career fair. some basic questions about stack, queues and linked list were asked at the career fair then got a coding challenge after couple of weeks. After submitting the challenge, got a phone interview after 4 weeks. It was a technical interview and asked to code about a question on Arrays. Got a call for onsite interview after 3 weeks. Onsite interview had 4 rounds, 1 was resume/experience and development process based. 2 were on algorithms and 1 on system design.

The process was very long. Despite being in the final round they did not yet tell about the final results. They don't even reply after dropping multiple follow-up emails.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW (Sudbury, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Kept waiting, felt as if I were forgotten about then would ask to come back a week later and same thing would happen. Each additional interview would be shorter and shorter. Waste of time

Interview Questions

• They asked if i easy to manipulate people and would I be comfortable doing so   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW in June 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview and a coding test. Explained what Bmw next does and insight on the project they are hiring for. Started with basic questions on iOS. Given a coding test used code pad. Finished the test in about 10 min. Asked if I have any questions for them. They said they will provide feed back to the HR regarding further process. Haven't heard from them since though. Tried to reach HR couple times but didn't get any response.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW in May 2016.

Interview

It was difficult to say the least due to my preparedness. I didn't do enough research on the company, and tried to answer questions I didn't have answers to (it's not bad to not know the answers to every questions). They were very forward and to the point. They wanted to know what you could do, how you could do it, and the results. If I had a do over and time to restructure my interview I would. A lesson learned the hard way.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. They reviewed my qualifications, and asked a few questions about agile development. From here I was told details about the position, and pay. Overall the experience was pretty quick, and I received an offer the same day.

EOMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Greenville, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and then on-site. All day event, with tour and lunch. There were two exercises to complete, and one panel interview. Overall process was long, with HR not providing solid information. Was told I would hear back much sooner than I actually did, in regards to the second stage. Was informed very quickly after entire process was complete.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to change your plans midstream.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Greenville, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. Got an email from talent recruiter asking if I was interested in the position after I talked to them at the career fair. She set up an interview via Skype with department manager and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. It was a combination of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team to achieve a specific goal.   Answer Question