BMW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMW

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BMW.

Interview

Very long process consisting of tests on paper and physical test. Interviews. pretty statandard questions about conflict and solving issues.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

An initial phone interview consisted of some standard questions about my resume, past experience and aptitudes. Following the phone interview, I was asked to complete an e-mail questionnaire, which included one relatively simple code exercise in Java. After my email responses had been reviewed, I was called in for an on-site interview that lasted about four hours. At the on-site interview I met with five different groups and performed whiteboard exercises as well as hands on coding. Exercises generally only required basic programming logic and knowledge of data structures. Java was used for all coding exercises, but for whiteboard exercises the focus was more on the logic used to solve the problem. The final stage of the on-site interview involved meeting with an HR representative to discuss any related concerns. They followed up with me about a week later via e-mail and phone regarding placement.

Interview Questions

• What is the most exciting project you've worked on in the past two years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A few basic comp sci interview question, a few framework questions, a few questions about previous experience. The senior engineer was extremely condescending for no good reason from start to finish, which I don't understand, I have interview people before, book the information in the back of your head, don't torture interviewee when there's something that you need that I don't have. Extremely unprofessional!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I Went through a career fair. some basic questions about stack, queues and linked list were asked at the career fair then got a coding challenge after couple of weeks. After submitting the challenge, got a phone interview after 4 weeks. It was a technical interview and asked to code about a question on Arrays. Got a call for onsite interview after 3 weeks. Onsite interview had 4 rounds, 1 was resume/experience and development process based. 2 were on algorithms and 1 on system design.

The process was very long. Despite being in the final round they did not yet tell about the final results. They don't even reply after dropping multiple follow-up emails.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BMW (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, got a call the next day to schedule an interview for a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Really was not asked many questions at all. "Tell me about yourself." "What are some of your previous jobs?" Ok- you're hired. And my past jobs are not very awesome or similar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told $2,500 for the first and second month each. Then, "minimum wage guarantee" afterwards. 53.5 hours a week.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMW (Roseville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

classic interview came in one day, told to come back and had a second interview with the hiring manager the next day

Interview Questions

• most people dont make it in this business, why will you.   2 Answers

Negotiation

N/A

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW (Sherman Oaks, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I basically was scheduled for an interview at a certain time. The manager at the time made me wait for over an hour giving an excuse that it was busy. Had an initial interview with the manager of the department. Then moved along that same day to interview with the manager of the dealership. I was hired on the spot after a brief discussion between both managers.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working for our company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for phone interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter set up a video interview via google hangouts. I was interviewed by the Manager and one of her associates. Several hours later I received a call from the recruiter informing me that I would receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Verbally describe implementing a print function with three parameters (arguments given) in the programming language of my choice   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Greenville, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. Got an email from talent recruiter asking if I was interested in the position after I talked to them at the career fair. She set up an interview via Skype with department manager and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. It was a combination of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team to achieve a specific goal.   Answer Question