BMW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMW Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BMW.

Interview

You work through a staffing agency to get in. The majority do it this way. You may or may not get hired on full-time. The staffing agency sets up the interview. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Launch and Change Management Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to Career fair and pitched myself. They told me to apply online because that is BMW protocol, and after that, I had a 30 min Skype interview with a panel of people on the team. There was a total of 7 people and the screen kept changing to a different person talking about their job. It was very casual and enjoyable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A few basic comp sci interview question, a few framework questions, a few questions about previous experience. The senior engineer was extremely condescending for no good reason from start to finish, which I don't understand, I have interview people before, book the information in the back of your head, don't torture interviewee when there's something that you need that I don't have. Extremely unprofessional!

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BMW (Devon, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Great in person interview. straight foward. Met with all the sales managers. Also met with other product specialist. was given tour of the whole facility. was offered job on the spot due to prior work experience

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the auto industry?   1 Answer

Launch Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were very easy going. Interviewer was very informative and laid back. Very easy to talk to and answer questions. Would be an Awesome place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job?   1 Answer
    • Why should I be offered this job?   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMW in February 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my college event and he invited me for an interview that very evening. It was a 20 minute interview where I had to solve 3 problems on paper. The experience was positive. But it was not enough time to solve the three hard problems. But the recruiter said he was focusing more on the thought-process.

Interview Questions

• Return all permutations of the letters in a string.   Answer Question
    • Given a pentagon(5 points), tell whether a given point is outside of it (point is a struct with x and y values)   Answer Question
    • Given an binary number with all except one zeroes, find the position of 1.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMW in January 2017.

Interview

very fast but with smart questions in english and spanish sometimes.
    Were 2 interviewers, one Human resource and other a SAP consultant doing techinical questions.
    During 1 hour about, so talking about the core of bussiness of the company and what the company hope to find in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How long are you working with SAP FICO.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the product team head was present on the call along with a current project management team intern and I was asked about agile and scrum processes in general

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BMW (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I Went through a career fair. some basic questions about stack, queues and linked list were asked at the career fair then got a coding challenge after couple of weeks. After submitting the challenge, got a phone interview after 4 weeks. It was a technical interview and asked to code about a question on Arrays. Got a call for onsite interview after 3 weeks. Onsite interview had 4 rounds, 1 was resume/experience and development process based. 2 were on algorithms and 1 on system design.

The process was very long. Despite being in the final round they did not yet tell about the final results. They don't even reply after dropping multiple follow-up emails.

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMW (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and casual, general manager and business manager conducted the interview, general conversation took place, questions from both the general manager and business manager, business casual clothes are preferable and advised