BMW Manufacturing IT Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg, SC) in November 2011.

Interview

BMW from Spartanburg SC came to my school for an information session concerning potential hire of co ops (like interns but automatically come back 2 more semester after the initial semester) and interns. I submitted my resume and gave them some contact information that they put on a form and encouraged me to apply online for the position of interest (and you should too). They later contacted me for verification and if I was available and if I wanted to schedule an apointment. . They officially send you an email, book a hotel and organize transportation from hotel to plant. They will also reimburse you for anything you spent while you were in SC and for the mileage you used on your way. I went there and got a tour and was interviewed.

I currently work here as a co op. Interesting and collaborative work force where safety comes first. Work is challanging and you need to learn stuff yourself, but you will get enough help. Very chill place and extremely friendly folks in general....but dont let your guard down.

Interview Questions

• What does a business owe you?   1 Answer
  • Tell me of a difficult time as a leader.   Answer Question
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your skill in Microsoft products?   1 Answer
  • What can do you want here? What do you think you can gain?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I missed the initial call.... they didnt call AND THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU BACK, so make sure you call them.
There is really no negociation apart from if you wanted to be a co-op or intern.....Maybe they may ask you if you are willing to do it in the semester you are applying for (dont know if that was a trick question).
My advice is that you should show seriousness and liveliness, but dont let your guard down and answer questions appropriately. AIso talk to the other candidates, interns and co-ops.....They could give friendly advice and I got a good bit from them.