BMW of North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMW of North America

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Woodcliff Lake, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, followed by one-way video interview.

It took the company six months to respond to my application, which were automated emails. At no point did a person contact me. I was asked to record a one-way video without knowing who would evaluate it or having any kind of discussion with a person. Given that it took so long for automated responses, the process was a particularly ineffective, inefficient and soulless experience. Lack of any kind of respect or empathy for prospective employees.

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview

Very easy and basic interview questions most of them were about my previous works experience. The process was straightforward as there were only one 30 minutes round interview with the hiring manager.

Global Leader Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview

The interview process ended after they dropped me due to religious issues.
    The process was: video interview, deck to be created based on market data, final round. Final round was pushed from the agreed upon date to a different one, which fell upon a Jewish high holiday. I was then dropped from the process when I told BMW that I was unable to attend that day due to religious obligations. Not a good look for a German company...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your leadership experience?   Answer Question
    • Make a deck for BMW on our market challenges, and how we should handle them   Answer Question

QA Manager/Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

interview took place for 120 mins.....first was a indian guy who asked me what is UAT means..disappointing that he did know what UAT stands for not sure how BMW hired him? next infra he was okay .. followed by PO who did not yield to me but was chatting internally means he did not listened to what i explained not sure why he came to interview me ..last some manager ..he does not know how a tool works and he does not what needs to be done..
    overall...people who do not know tech nor functional gets placed ..disappointing

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 rounds. Initial recruiter call for about 30 minutes, Phone Interview for 45 minutes and on-site Interview. Interviewer walked me through the office. Whole process was seamless and took 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about previous experience and technologies in resume. Interviewer was very friendly. Got offer!   Answer Question

Sales Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview

I interviewed with the team leader and he asked some behavioral questions and something about my in-school project. The recruiter is really nice and friendly. He will also introduce some main task about the position.

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

The process itself was quick and fine. Despite being Senior, I only met with Junior developers which I found a bit odd. Perhaps they weren't titled as "Junior" but this was very clear to me due to their lack of historical perspective and the "why". One of them even thought that Scrum Master was a technical track. This was a bit surprising to me, and I made a comment on it.

The onsite interview was scheduled until 4:45pm, however I very clearly informed the recruiter several days prior that I had a hardstop at 4:30pm due to another interview.

Apparently this information was communicated to the team lead at BMW, but he failed to communicate this to the Junior devs whom I met. Nearing 4:30pm, I let the devs know that I had a hardstop at 4:30pm to which they seemed surprised.

I also informed the BMW team that I was interviewing with other companies for full time positions (this was a contract). For some reason, this was not taken in good light.

Perhaps if you want me to be interested in your position you should (1) make it much more enticing and (2) hire fulltime instead of contract.

Overall: I was not impressed and was expecting better of BMW Solutions. Oh well.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was good. I had a phone screening with 2 people, the regional sales and marketing heads. They were very sweet while interviewing. They did ask a lot of questions to know me better. I was not offered this role stating I was too much a fit for this role. This role is very entry level, so if anyone of you is applying, just know that it is entry level. So if you have experience, then applying for this intern doesn’t seem good. But the company, the interviewers were all so nice. It would be a great experience for someone without experience where they could learn so much.

Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Super easy, was interviewed in the spot. Mostly behavioral questions. It was with the service manager who was very nice. Very easy going and relaxed interview. After that I had to take a drug test and waited for a call back. Got the job.

Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMW of North America (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

There was only 1 interview.I was interviewed by 4 people at the same, one person at a time. The questions ranged from basic C to easy Machine Learning and Deep Learning questions. Interviewers were friendly and in good humor.