BNP Paribas Interview Questions in France | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview for the corporate investment banking analyst intern position. It was pretty straightforward. Just questions about the background. The second interview was pretty tough. It took at least two and half hours. It was a case study analyzing the industry and the financial statements of the company. The last one was an HR interview with typical behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Your thoughts on the cash flows of the company and the profitability prospects?   Answer Question

Project Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds - 1st one hour Excel + Analysis case study
    2nd round - 4 interviews with team members - one with Analyst, Associate, VP and Staffer.
    The interviews last for around 45 mins to more than an hour each.

Interview Questions

• How will you analyst a new opportunity?   1 Answer

Other offers that were better

Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Interview

2nd and 3rd rounds were meetings with operationnals. Questions were basic questions on finance even if some were tricky (3rd meetings, the employee asks many questions related to brainteasers). In general, people were nice and respectful. Got the answer two weeks after the first meeting. Last round was a meeting with HR (just basic questions on BNP Paribas, not really selective, no opportunity at this level to negotiate your contracts (I was intern))

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

Deep interview focused on 3 areas: experience, success, future plans. Next steps ware re-talked. Person from HR was open at the beginning of interview than the acceleration was decreasing. I'm happy with the result but during interview there was no concert answers.

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

telephone interview then with 2 rounds of interviews with analysts and managers for each round, the questions are pretty classic, since it was an consulting position, they are considering both the banking background and strategic consulting background

Interview Questions

• Why BNP
      Why Consulting
      What is an investment bank, what are the daily activities of an investment bank division   Answer Question

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)).

Interview

I applied for an intern opportunity posted on the intranet of my university and sent my CV directly to the manager. Just one round interview in Paris. A Normalien en Mathématiques was the manager however, he was very kind and the questions were based on what you have written on your CV. After this interview, I got the offer a week later for the internship.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

0 round: telephone call/e-mail of interview confirmation
    1 round: 2 technical inteviews with associates + 1 interview with D/MD
    2 round: 2 HR interviews + 1 interview with MD

The following descriptin is related to the 1st round

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in M&A?
      (and other motivation questions)   Answer Question
    • What will be your job tasks?   1 Answer
    • Alotoftechnicalquestions.... EV-EqV; multipes; accounting   1 Answer
    • Why should we take you? And why shouldn't we take you? and other stress-test, psychological and personality questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Asked questions about financial news, IT knowledge, finance knowledge, what were my experiences, what was my motivation, where would I see myself in 5 years.
    They also asked me what were my main strenghts and flaws and to give example of each of them.
    The interviews were quite easy, in the end it was more a matter of feeling depending on the personality of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you not work for BNP?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)).

Interview

Face to face interview with the team manager. The manager made his decision during the interview and I received an offer right on the spot. It seemed to me that they have made up their mind based on the resume before meeting me.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Applied online for an analyst position in IB as part of year in the industry program while at university. Overall the process took 2-3 months. I after applying online I was contacted by HR. Had the regular HR interview asking for my motivations, explaining the job etc. I was asked to come at their office 2 weeks later and met with 3 employees in a row. The interviews took 2 hours in total and consisted mainly in explaining what the job would be. Had a couple of questions regarding past experiences. Got an offer a month after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation and how you solved it.   Answer Question