BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Advisory Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my on campus recruiting website. Received a first round interview on campus. About a week later I was invited to a Superday at their office in NYC. It consisted of 4 interviews, 3 were 2 on 1's and 1 was a 1 on 1. They were all with Associates and VPs. Was called with an offer about 2 hrs after leaving the office.

Interview Questions

• Who do you admire? Sqrt(.9)? 3 strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about yourself. Why IB/M&A? What are the 4 ways to value a company? Which provide the lowest valuation? The highest? And the most variable? Multi step accounting question. Are you willing to be in NYC? Mini case about if Company A should buy Company B and why.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online & was contacted by a recruiter within a few hours. He set-up a time for an interview, rescheduled it, and forgot to call & I had to reach out to remind him. Quick overview of the position & wanted to know more about me. Was then contacted by another recruiter who said she would be in touch in a week but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have to make you qualified for the position?   Answer Question

CIB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

2 on campus interviews, would be followed by a super day in the company, but did not make it past the first round. Had one friendly interviewer, one rather cold, was difficult to understand interviewers based on accents.

CIB Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was 2 interviews, each had a small case. final round was 3 interviews, same format. The CIB consulting team runs its own HR, which made this the worst recruiting experience of my life. No responses to emails, terrible communication, wouldn't give feedback after decisions were made, interviewers showed up late and seemed to be angry from the beginning...definitely should use company HR going forward.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process took several months. Employer appeared quite unorganized. Job description did not fit actual work. interviewed with several people over several months; difficulty of the interview was not bad overall.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for a phone interview. Then 3 back to back interviews with managers at their NYC offices. Mostly behavioral and current market trends question. Be ready to talk about an article you recently read about markets. Keep up with global market trends.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the controller of the accounting department who seemed not to like me from the moment I walked in. Also, mentioned the CFO was a jetsetter and discussed some of the responsibilities, organizing and scheduling. CFO was courteous and information regarding things that needed to be automated. Cover the tasks that would be completed by the department and how hard working they are and cautious about the procedures that are accomplished on daily basis.

Interview Questions

• How does your skill set match the job description   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This is my first interview. the process was good. they asked a lot of the tech questions about your financial background. the interviewers were kind . although I didn't perform well, I appreciate this chance to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose this company and why should we choose you   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Worcester, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Entirely on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript on our career services job posting platform. These were reviewed by an alum who interviewed us on campus a week after applications were due.

TMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online via my school's job board, received an interview invite around two weeks later, and so far interviewed with two people within the department. Still waiting to hear back.