BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and through my college career center. Had a phone screening with an alum. Attended the superday in New York for the Global Markets Summer Analyst position. I had 3 back to back one-on-one interviews with managers. I got mostly fit and behavioral questions, some current events and markets, and couple technical questions and brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What is the square root of .1?   1 Answer

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

just behavioral questions, you need to be very familiar with your information in the resume. They will test your product knowledge and ask you for your future plan.
    It is the position about middle office so you need to get prepared about middle office questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After a round of phone screen with the HR, I was asked to attend a in-person meeting with 3 members of the team for 30 mins each. I was invited for the final interview with the senior management and then HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • explain your previous engagement where you performed xyz which is required for this role   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First round was over the phone, select 2 preferred divisions and have 2 phone calls. Superday in NYC a few weeks later. The Superday has 3 interviews, and depending on the division may be different groups within it. Be wary, Human resources is somewhat unresponsive as they are all temp workers so you must be very proactive

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in November 2015.

Interview

Very fast moving process. Interviewed and decision completed in just under three weeks. Three interviews - person whose position I'm taking (due to positive changes), my boss, and HR. Culture sound great - volunteerism, camaraderie, and overall niceness.

Interview Questions

• How do your skill sets fit the role you are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations received exactly what I asked for!

Global Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in November 2015.

Interview

Human Resources and a person in Trading Interviewed me. I was interviewed at my Career Center. Cracked a few jokes with Human Resources, she didn't seem to find them funny be careful... they were pretty universal jokes.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview; applied through career center; selected for back to back interview on campus. Interviewed by two MD and have different focus. Interview is overall behavior and market based. Tell me about the market/ specific index today; pitch me a stock; mostly behavioral; tell me about your experience; why BNP; why NY; which one you are most interested across all the business line

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the market/ specific index today; pitch me a stock; mostly behavioral; tell me about your experience; why BNP; why NY; which one you are most interested across all the business line   Answer Question

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, conversational and not very technical. Candidate before me, however, had about 4 brainteasers. Candidate has the power to do most of the talking provided that he/she sounds polished and knowledgeable. Two separate interviews, one fit interview with HR and one technical with a trader, salesperson, or structurer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across a situation that had pejorative legal and ethical complications, but you were being forced to do it anyway?   Answer Question

Operations Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying thought my school, I was selected to take part in an on campus interview scheduled for a week after the selection. I was told 2 days later that I was selected to move to the second and final round. However, there is an unusual amount of time between that call and the scheduling of the final round.

Interview Questions

• First part, around 15 mins was behavioral followed by 2 cases, one conceptual and one rather mathematic based.   Answer Question

Operations Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was a brief coffee chat (very informal, no technical/case questions) at a cafe. My interviewer mostly asked why this position, why this firm kind of questions and said that there will be 3-4 more rounds of interviews, including a case interview, a behavioral interview and an HR interview.