BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Worcester, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Entirely on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript on our career services job posting platform. These were reviewed by an alum who interviewed us on campus a week after applications were due.

TMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online via my school's job board, received an interview invite around two weeks later, and so far interviewed with two people within the department. Still waiting to hear back.

Structurer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2016.

Interview

First on-campus interview (45 minutes), derive black-scholes equation, basic probability and CV questions. A week later 5 consecutive interviews covering CV, stochastic calculus, statistics and brain teasers.

The consecutive interviews were all conducted over skype and it went through all levels of the team. They gave in depth information on the team and where very helpful.

Interview Questions

• CV questions, stochastic calculus, basic probability and brain teasers   Answer Question

Reconciliation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later to set up an interview. I met with two managers in the NY office who were very friendly and welcoming. Talked to each one for about 45 minutes each. Average interview questions, make sure you know the company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process took several months. Employer appeared quite unorganized. Job description did not fit actual work. interviewed with several people over several months; difficulty of the interview was not bad overall.

Interview Questions

• Questions where quite standard. Imagine any regular interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone interview with head of LatAm Securitization group. New group, so was mainly focused on whether I would be willing to work hard to grow a new group. Passed that, then had super day with people from LatAm and U.S. side. Mostly qualitative questions, and only exception was a computer guy who had some funky questions.

Interview Questions

• One guy walked in very disheveled, and quickly asked me to share my opinion of secured paper vs. unsecured paper. He had just been on a call with a client regarding the same issue, so I had to walk through pros and cons of each piece of debt.   Answer Question

Compliance Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

After initial screening, 2nd interview was conducted on site. Depending on the department, the interview would take place 2-3 times after the initial interview. The interviewer were very helpful in terms of giving the overview of the department and what their expectations were.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an understanding of what our needs are and can you be a good contribution?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Case plus behavioral interview. Two days of interviews. Two interviews in first day and three interviews in second round. Expect medium difficulty in first round cases and harder cases in second round. The team likes to do Skype interviews for people not in NY

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Got first round phone interview with someone on their team, second round at the New York office. Two back to back interviews that were 30 minutes each. Interviewer were super friendly. Mostly behavioral and fit questions, walking through resume, views and opinion on the market. Didn't get brain teasers. The whole process takes around 3-4 weeks.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

One business head of administration and one director. Two one to one interviews. The first was situation judgement questions and general technical questions about markets and economics. The next was more behavioral. Overall the experience was ok.