BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Operations Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was a brief coffee chat (very informal, no technical/case questions) at a cafe. My interviewer mostly asked why this position, why this firm kind of questions and said that there will be 3-4 more rounds of interviews, including a case interview, a behavioral interview and an HR interview.

Operations Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First round - two short cases with behavioral questions on campus
    Final round in NYC office - two cases with behavioral components, and another interview with just behavioral questions at the New York office

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

HR phone Interview
    In Person Interview with HR & Director of group
    Second Interview with Director and Supervisors of group

All interviews were pretty basic and easy. Everyone was really nice in the interview.

Summer Analyst: Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

Combination of your views on current market topics and heavy brainteasers, depending on interviewer. 3 back-to-back-to-back 2-on-1 interviews on campus followed by a 6-person Superday. If you show interest in their derivatives group, expect a much more quantitative interview. It is a French bank so they like candidates that have a more global (i.e. outside of US) focused perspective on the markets.

Interview Questions

• Tell about some topics you have been following in the markets? Follow up: What factors do you think are driving these topics? What's the square root of 1.4? Why are manholes round? Mental Math.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 stages to my interview process: First they conducted an initial 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager (1 hr.), a week later they set up 6 on 1 follow-up interviews (2 1/2 hrs.), the last salary stage they set up was a salary and compensation expectation assessment with human resources.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? How well do you know the subject matter? What would you say is your biggest weakness? How do you handle a difficult situation or person?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions mainly. Nothing technical besides the current market. Asked about what I think of BNP and why I want to work there. Rly just basics and was introduced to a vp who was also super friendly to talk for half an hour.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

A series of phone / Skype interviews with relevant team members, mostly fit questions and a couple of basic probability questions and current events. Had 2 phone screens. Instead of a super day I went through many phone interviews with about 3 additional members of the team I was interviewing for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Two days of interviews. 4 different brief behavioral interviews with senior personnel. One technical case study interview with another Associate. The first day was only behavioral interviews. The second day had one behavioral and ended with the technical interview.

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy and drawn out. Its difficult for the firm to make hiring and overall business decisions. Expect that you will need to meet many of the same people numerous times. In particular at the senior management level. Since almost all senior management is located in Paris, this will typically be via conference call or video chat

GECD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

applied via the on campus recruiting system, and accepted after two weeks, a week before the interview. 30 minutes on campus interview by two alumni who were nice, one was a male trader the other was a female sales. asked typical behavioral questions and my resume, also some market news, no technical questions. but i did not do a good job for the market questions.

Interview Questions

• most behavioral questions, such as teamwork experience, weakness. talked about market.   Answer Question