BNP Paribas Interview Questions in Paris, France | Glassdoor

2.9

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was phone screening and it took about 15 minutes.
    The HR asked about the motivation and my availability for the position. It was basically the background check and wanted to see if the candidate can speak French well.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your motivation for the position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview for the corporate investment banking analyst intern position. It was pretty straightforward. Just questions about the background. The second interview was pretty tough. It took at least two and half hours. It was a case study analyzing the industry and the financial statements of the company. The last one was an HR interview with typical behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Your thoughts on the cash flows of the company and the profitability prospects?   Answer Question

Project Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds - 1st one hour Excel + Analysis case study
    2nd round - 4 interviews with team members - one with Analyst, Associate, VP and Staffer.
    The interviews last for around 45 mins to more than an hour each.

Interview Questions

• How will you analyst a new opportunity?   1 Answer

Other offers that were better

Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Interview

2nd and 3rd rounds were meetings with operationnals. Questions were basic questions on finance even if some were tricky (3rd meetings, the employee asks many questions related to brainteasers). In general, people were nice and respectful. Got the answer two weeks after the first meeting. Last round was a meeting with HR (just basic questions on BNP Paribas, not really selective, no opportunity at this level to negotiate your contracts (I was intern))

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

Deep interview focused on 3 areas: experience, success, future plans. Next steps ware re-talked. Person from HR was open at the beginning of interview than the acceleration was decreasing. I'm happy with the result but during interview there was no concert answers.

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

telephone interview then with 2 rounds of interviews with analysts and managers for each round, the questions are pretty classic, since it was an consulting position, they are considering both the banking background and strategic consulting background

Interview Questions

• Why BNP
      Why Consulting
      What is an investment bank, what are the daily activities of an investment bank division   Answer Question

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)).

Interview

I applied for an intern opportunity posted on the intranet of my university and sent my CV directly to the manager. Just one round interview in Paris. A Normalien en Mathématiques was the manager however, he was very kind and the questions were based on what you have written on your CV. After this interview, I got the offer a week later for the internship.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

0 round: telephone call/e-mail of interview confirmation
    1 round: 2 technical inteviews with associates + 1 interview with D/MD
    2 round: 2 HR interviews + 1 interview with MD

The following descriptin is related to the 1st round

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in M&A?
      (and other motivation questions)   Answer Question
    • What will be your job tasks?   1 Answer
    • Alotoftechnicalquestions.... EV-EqV; multipes; accounting   1 Answer
    • Why should we take you? And why shouldn't we take you? and other stress-test, psychological and personality questions.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)).

Interview

Face to face interview with the team manager. The manager made his decision during the interview and I received an offer right on the spot. It seemed to me that they have made up their mind based on the resume before meeting me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

I obtained an interview thanks to my professional network. The interview was friendly with the manager really trying to understand my career path and my motivations to work for them. I had a good impression of the working environment there, but they were clear with me with the fact that they do not project to employ the interns after the internship. Overall I had a good impression of an intelligent recruitment method.