BNSF Railway Interview Questions in Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

Mechanical Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Test, phone interview, then 2 day hiring event in Fort Worth: first day they tell you about the company and what the job you're interviewing for is specifically and you take a personality test, then a dinner. Day two is a 2 person panel interview that is pretty relaxed. Be patient waiting after hiring event. They say you'll here either way in 2 weeks but it is much longer than that.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I was asked to complete a 100 question online test of mostly manager and personal skills. I was then invited to participate in an online self recorded interview. After this interview I was invited to the 2-day hiring event in Fort Worth, TX where I had another critical thinking test and panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had significant stress in either school or workplace? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Environmental Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

For the interview at BNSF Railway you get flown to their headquarters in Texas for a day interview. During the time their you go over the core values of BNSF as well as break into the position you are applying for and talk to the supervisors there. The next morning you are interviewed by 2 people for about 30 minutes. Overall it is a free nice environment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself and how you would handle certain situations   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a week later was emailed a date for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview was emailed asking to fly out to a hiring event in Fort Worth, TX. At the event a company overview was given the first day, and 10-20min interview was given the second day.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us a time when a class really made you struggle or challenged you, what steps did you take to overcome that struggle or challenge? What could you have done better?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a couple of tests to see how well I analyzed numbers. Also had to demonstrate some of my Microsoft Office skills. This wasn't a typical interview for BNSF, so I don't want to lead people astray on what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions other than the standard questions that are in every interview. Had to show some of my level of understanding of Microsoft Office. This wasn't a typical interview for BNSF.   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The official will present information about the company, the benefits, the work environment, aspects of the work environment, and will give notice that drug testing and background checks will be performed. You cannot get hired if you have a felony on your criminal record. They look for a quality mindset and person that can grow and help build the company. The interview process was around 1hour through phone.

Interview Questions

• The questions are based on sql queries and data Structures mostly on graph algorithms.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Process took 2+ months. Phone screening interview and then attended two day hiring event in Fort Worth. Interviews were running over a half hour late and the interviewers were non attentive and on their phones. It took over a month and a half to hear back about the position.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was very well put together first phone interview than a panel interview. It was situational and behavioral questions like the phone interview. Lasted two days long and the overall process took about 4 months

OR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

A Friend of Mine referred me and I was asked to schedule some time for the phone screen with the manager and the interview went on for an hour and the result was announced after 3 days.

Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website online. Then you take a online assessment that is about 100 questions and just asks basic mathematical and logic questions. Next you'll do a twenty to thirty minute phone interview. Finally, they'll ask you to come to a hiring event in Ft Worth TX. This was a decent experience, they sell the company to you and have you take a critical thinking assessment. Finally on the second day you have a formal behavioral interview. The whole process took just over a month.

Interview Questions

• When is one time you have taken lead on a project, how did it turn out, and what would you have done differently?   1 Answer