BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.8

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Very impersonal. Asked from a list of questions and was at a hotel. It was easy, but there were no personality questions. All they care about is safety and that is number one in their minds. Took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of accidents are preventable   1 Answer

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After you apply they send you a cognitive test and personality test. After that you are sent a email requesting a self recorded interview. They will then fly you out to Fort Worth, TX for a face to face interview with a panel.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in August 2017.

Interview

I applied at BNSF for a position as a railroad conductor. I was sent a link to a assessment test. passed the test, few weeks went by I heard back from them inviting me to a hiring event. 75 people showed up for 10 positions . they went through the what the company is about and benefits then hey had scheduled interviews immediately after. while waiting to interview you provide a hair sample for a drug screen. I was in and out by 11 Am starting at 7 am I got a contingent offer 2 days later flowing the interview
    I did not have a phone interview or a phone call. I am currently undergoing background check and medical exam. BNSF is quick on the process after accepting offer.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Completed Online tests, (2 different tests), and received invite for interview. It was a 4 person panel interview. Typical questions. There were about 15 people waiting in one of two sessions.

Interview Questions

• Name one rule you think is ok to break. or a rule you have broken....something to that effect.   1 Answer

Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online which was the first step. About a week later was informed to come in for an interview which the process was more like an oral board with 3-4 people interviewing you at once. Overall good experience and very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BNSF and why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Mechanical Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Test, phone interview, then 2 day hiring event in Fort Worth: first day they tell you about the company and what the job you're interviewing for is specifically and you take a personality test, then a dinner. Day two is a 2 person panel interview that is pretty relaxed. Be patient waiting after hiring event. They say you'll here either way in 2 weeks but it is much longer than that.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later was sent a link to take a 100 questions test. Mostly situational questions. Immediately was invited to preform a video interview in which i recorded my answers and then sent them in.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Vallejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

She ask me what is my favorite color and that job pays every Friday and it's part time. She told me that she would the paper work and I should start work next week. I said Thank You.

Interview Questions

• What's my Favorite color. The pays every Friday and if she did'nt the hours she have to let me go and that jobs was part time. She told me that she would the paper and should work next week.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Flew the interns out to Fort Worth for a night. We received an orientation, standardized test, and a presentation about what to expect as an intern before the interviews during the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a job application to this position?   Answer Question

Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 2-steps for me. I applied in late January/early February and had a phone interview in early March. After about a week I heard back for a final interview in Fort-Worth. They flew me out mid-April and it was a full day event meeting people from the department, lunch and then the interview with 3 people. After that I heard back within 2 weeks. This was the process for me, I know they also had a similar process in the fall as well.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was basically getting to know you and then the final interview is behavioral.   Answer Question