BNSF Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.8

Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview through something similar to Hireview. It was mainly behavioral questions and timed. you had 30 sec to read and prepare an answer and about 3 minutes to answer it. I cant remember if it had a chance to re-record the same question in case you missed the first one

Interview Questions

• Give us the job description you would propose to a person applying to this position, Why BNSF?,   Answer Question

Trackman/Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Galesburg, IL).

Interview

It is a lengthy process. You had better be prepared for the "scary speech"... as in travel away from home, because you will travel, at least until you gain some seniority in different job rights. Also safety is a big issue. You had believe that working safe, and following the rules will result in a 0% safety incident culture. If you can handle some sacrifice to better your family, then this is a great job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that all injuries are preventable?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Made it past a phone interview and was invited to a hiring event. At the event I submitted official copies of college transcripts and other documents. Then we were all required to take an assessment that felt more like an SAT exam. Unless your score met some sort of benchmark you were sent home and didn't get to interview on day 2. I left feeling like it was a complete waste of time. Just because someone doesn't test well has no bearing on the value they would bring as an employee.

Operations Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got an email to schedule a 30 mins phone Interview. There were 3 persons who introduced themselves and about the company and started asking me questions on algorithms, Data Structures and some basic questions on SQL given a scenario.

Field Wellness Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

There were a series of phone interviews. One initial just to confirm the scheduling of the second, which was rather lengthy and specific to the job. They were very kind, however it was extremely difficult to determine tone over the phone and was left with no indication of whether they would be notifying me further, besides the online status.

Interview Questions

• How would you work in a mostly male, middle aged, unionized environment?   1 Answer

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Flew down to texas for an interview. Took a short personality test. Afterwards was required to do a hair sample drug test. Had a lot of other applicants there. Interview lasted about one hour. I was flown down for the interview and was paid for by the bnsf. I have heard they offer 67.5K and then 85k after one year period.

Operations Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

it took about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly. They told me there'll be another follower-up interview. But then they cancelled. They said they were sorry. They are polite.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about data structure, inheritance, the difference between agent-based simulation and discrete-event simulation.   Answer Question

Railroad Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Apply online and be invited to a session where you will be with lots of other candidates. Managers talk about the benefits and dangers of the job as well as what you can expect. You will give a hair sample and have an individual interview time that could be much later in the day. A contingent offer means that you will have to pass a physical endurance test and a medical exam.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Interview

They bring you into a big room with tons of people. Tell you how hard the job is and it will be tough on your family. They also try to tell you how scary the job is.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your past work history.
      Also, they drill on safety.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a couple of tests to see how well I analyzed numbers. Also had to demonstrate some of my Microsoft Office skills. This wasn't a typical interview for BNSF, so I don't want to lead people astray on what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions other than the standard questions that are in every interview. Had to show some of my level of understanding of Microsoft Office. This wasn't a typical interview for BNSF.   Answer Question